• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little aside. Had 11 rabbits all dressed in the fridge but had left them maybe slightly too long. Took them indoors much to her ire and decided to cut out the fillets. Made a sauce with onion, red chi

350g plain, 225g butter, pinch of salt . Add to blender or mix by hand to bread crumb. Add beaten egg and few table spoon of water to bring together then pop in fridge for bit. We use it for mince pie

On a seperate note what do u lot do with the guts when u do it at home? When ive done it i end up with a stinking bag hanging round till blak bag day which could be up to 13 days away

On a seperate note what do u lot do with the guts when u do it at home? When ive done it i end up with a stinking bag hanging round till blak bag day which could be up to 13 days away

yea right pain in the neck don't you put them in the green bin ? I know you not meant too but what they going to do about it. I try and do mine on site before bringing home for that reason

yea right pain in the neck don't you put them in the green bin ? I know you not meant too but what they going to do about it. I try and do mine on site before bringing home for that reason

Never used the green bins before. Don't think we even have one here. Have taken some to my friend who is a butcher to chuck in his bins but don't want to take the piss

Never used the green bins before. Don't think we even have one here. Have taken some to my friend who is a butcher to chuck in his bins but don't want to take the piss

Just chuck it across a hedge or into a field, the scavangers will have it gone by morn,fox,grey crow,magpie wont take them long to clear up.

• Like 1

Used to put the guts in sealed tubs and take then to the farm and punch a few holes in the lid to draw foxes to the snares , we passed one months later while ferreting and my son kicked it and it still stank lol . Now I just double bag it and put it in the bin

• 2 weeks later...

Gut in the field, like others have pointed out, don't want guts in the bin with maggots pouring out. Skins I leave on for ferrets to lick the fat off, or leave the skinning to who ever buys the rabbits. Once I have the skin off at home, the Mrs drops them off into a dog shit bin while road walking the dogs. :laugh:

Fukc black bag day, just lob the guts over the fence into the neighbours garden for the foxes to feast on

I've found that if you skin them too quickly they are too floppy and it's actually harder to manipulate, the end result also doesn't look that great, the blood stains the meat and bits of fur tend to stick more readily. Left to hang overnight they drip dry and stiffen up so whilst they're slightly tougher to skin you have a better looking end product.

• 2 weeks later...

Little aside. Had 11 rabbits all dressed in the fridge but had left them maybe slightly too long. Took them indoors much to her ire and decided to cut out the fillets. Made a sauce with onion, red chilli, leek, rose merry, black pepper, salt and Stilton cheese crumbs. Cubed the fillEts and cooked the whole caboodle for 2 hours. Pastry made and 1 hour later the best pies ever. By gum. Bring on the next batch.

• Like 3