Wet Weather Gear

Ive never owned a decent set of waterproof clothing. What ive worn for work as a builder has been cheap crap . Im in the market for a full set up to keep dry and warm while out walking dogs and shooting

What makes and brands do you guys swear by and what should i avoid? Looking at getting jacket, trousers, jumper , hat ( preferably beanie style one ) , boots and of course socks. I want something warm but loose enough to jump gates and fences without feeling like the mitchelin man

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Graff Russian hunting gear is top class its bratex 100% waterproof its breedable and soft material so its noise free and it dont be snagging on bushes!! I have it 2 seasons and cant fault it an there

I'll be using it for digging mostly. I'd say I'll go for it, one of the lads that comes out with me is in about getting the pants abd jacket now as well. Do they deliver do ye know. I'll give them a

How much are you willing to spend? I have a north face hard shell coat and its spot on for keeping the wind and rain out and it weighs only 250g and some gore tex berghaus waterproof over pants i just

How much are you willing to spend? I have a north face hard shell coat and its spot on for keeping the wind and rain out and it weighs only 250g and some gore tex berghaus waterproof over pants i just upgraded them from the none goretex models amd i can see the diffrence in wearing them and price lol.

Boots i like my lowa gtx evo extremes ive only had mine 12 month and there still going strong but we will see how they fair in another 12 months.

All thats about £600 of gear retail.

Main thing if you do buy the expensive hiking/walking gear buy a couple bottles of nik wax and give them a wash in that every couple months or when you notice the water doesnt bead up and roll of anymore.

• Like 1

for waterproofness, dont think you can beat paramo gear, but its expensive and if you want to push through scrub etc then i wouldnt bother as its a very soft silky material. After that I like the hard shell gortex jackets, loads of types and brands on the market. good warm fleece under the jacket, which just needs to be warm and cosy so doesnt need to be a fancy expensive type and a nice base layer. your biggest outlay be your jacket...oh and boots if you dont have any.

its worth searching around online find what you would like, then google the items to find the best offers.

• Like 1

Graff Russian hunting gear is top class its bratex 100% waterproof its breedable and soft material so its noise free and it dont be snagging on bushes!! I have it 2 seasons and cant fault it an there is a shop in wexford that sells it its around €200 for the jacket and dungarees pants!! If you look up (graff hunting clothing) on google you will see the site!!

• Like 2

Graff Russian hunting gear is top class its bratex 100% waterproof its breedable and soft material so its noise free and it dont be snagging on bushes!! I have it 2 seasons and cant fault it an there is a shop in wexford that sells it its around €200 for the jacket and dungarees pants!! If you look up (graff hunting clothing) on google you will see the site!!

Breathable? Would you sweat much traipsing through fields for a shot?

• Like 1

I wish all the top clobber was breedable, save us all a fortune lol
  • Like 1

Graff Russian hunting gear is top class its bratex 100% waterproof its breedable and soft material so its noise free and it dont be snagging on bushes!! I have it 2 seasons and cant fault it an there is a shop in wexford that sells it its around 200 for the jacket and dungarees pants!! If you look up (graff hunting clothing) on google you will see the site!!

Was just looking at that graff gear. It looks like a heavy jacket, would you do much sweating in it when active

There located about 40 minutes away from me, I'm going to take a spin over and see what the gear is like during the week.

I'll post up the outcome.

Anyone else used it?

• Like 1

Was just looking at that graff gear. It looks like a heavy jacket, would you do much sweating in it when active

There located about 40 minutes away from me, I'm going to take a spin over and see what the gear is like during the week.

Anyone else used it?

I'll be interested in the outcome of your visit Voon
  • Like 1

Anyone else used it?

I'll be interested in the outcome of your visit Voon

No hassles, I'll let you know how I get on.

• Like 1

Breathable? Would you sweat much traipsing through fields for a shot?

no you wouldn't sweat in this gear its top class its not heavy gear!! And very quiet!!
  • Like 1