Pulsar Xd 50S Thermal Spotter

has anyone tried the new pulsar xd 50s thermal imager i am in the market for a thermal spotter and these look great,but i dont want to risk my hard earned if they are not up to much also who,s got the best offers on ................cheers barryb

Beware that they are getting a loot of bad press at the moment when they go wrong.

Forums are getting more and more comments about when they get sent back and checked and still come back unfixed.

There are lots sold and i'm sure lots have no problems but I personally know 3 people that have had to send their back at least twice each and 3 times in one case.

The facebook forums have some lengthy comments about them and threats of legal action about the repair and testing process

I'm sure I've read a couple of bits were they were piping on about performance, saying there not working as they were when they got them..The weather plays a big part in identification range and performance if its pissing down, misty or foggy the image quality and range is affected. I take it people have tried sending them back to TJ as faulty and they have said there's nothing wrong with them. Out of all the distributors, I'd say there exceptional when it comes to repairs and replacement items, if there's something genuinely wrong they replace it.

That's just it Ian, TJ's only bother or can only test out to a very very small range and do not like offering refunds or exchanges.

I've not got one for several reasons so can't say I have first hand experience of this but I did have the same thing with a spotter I bought from S***2*

That's just it Ian, TJ's only bother or can only test out to a very very small range and do not like offering refunds or exchanges.

I've not got one for several reasons so can't say I have first hand experience of this but I did have the same thing with a spotter I bought from S***2*

I've had the opposite Hutchey, they have been excellent in everything that has had any slight problem, and exchanged it instantly if found...have you never thought that there may not actually be anything wrong with the said faulty units if TJ are saying it also, either like I say because the issue is caused by weather or people wanting to get upgrades, etc..???

• 4 weeks later...

took the pulsar xd 50s out last night for a trial run ,it was awesome could see coveys of partridges jugged down in the grass at about 100 yards ,mice all over the place,spotted fox at 400 yards ,badgers ,deer ,sheep well over 1000 yds this piece of kit is going to be a game changer,many thanks to ianb for supplying cheers pal

Nice one Barry , glad you like it any problems give me a shout, I agree there a total game changer, can't remember the last time I used a lamp or torch, I'm using the same model myself as well, nice meeting you mate.

• 2 months later...