Attaching Pole To Make Quickset

jackson2kaii8

You want to thread the pole through the mesh on the first and last pole and secure it with tape, Unfortunately I don't have a photo.

On the next however many poles your using, use this knot on either a grommet or straight on the pole, secured with a castration band. Some people don't like the bands but I have never had any problem with them.

images_zpsaynzlh4s.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I've tried that tie but it's not sturdy enough, I haven't tried it with the castration band, how does that work.? Thanks for your replys

Put the ring on the pole, use a bit of fairy makes it slip easier, thread a piece of line through the ring, then make your clove hitch above the ring.

2011_0828Castrationbands0004.jpg

Next pull the ring away from the pole with the string and slide the handle of a spoon between the ring and pole.

2011_0828Castrationbands0005.jpg

Next turn the spoon around 180 degrees

2011_0828Castrationbands0006.jpg

Then use the tip of the spoon handle to prise the ring over the top of the pole.

2011_0828Castrationbands0009.jpg

Pull out the spoon handle and the twine and job done.

2011_0828Castrationbands0011.jpg

TC

• Like 7

We started off with the rubber bands, cut from tyres, then progressed to the castration rings,..had great success with both methods of securing the head and foot lines,...then,..we changed over to using rubber grommets...These wee trinkets slid onto the poles and had a nice groove for the line to bite into..Still used a clove hitch to secure the line,..but had a far greater versatility for dropping the height of the net, to suit the various sets and locations... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1