A Passion For Angling

I had the Mr Crabtree book shown in the John Baily clip, gave it to my younger brother years ago and no doubt it got slung out soon after.

Don't know if I posted this before, but me and my old fishing partner were gurning about one of the club lakes and how the committee had 'improved' it, it was a cracking tench and crucian lake, and they took the better fish out and restocked with fingerlings. Anyway, I emailed this Crabtree inspired sketch to him and he printed it and got it framed and put on the wall. :laugh: :laugh:

post-84277-0-94749900-1448035370_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robson green should be made to sit and watch each of these old films....and given a dig in the side of the head every time he opens his gob to big his self up or belittle a local angler....the prick

I had the Mr Crabtree book shown in the John Baily clip, gave it to my younger brother years ago and no doubt it got slung out soon after.   Don't know if I posted this before, but me and my old fis

Feck I can't wait to go winter piking, crisp frosty winters morning where it's still and sunny all day but the frost never melts, good campfire on the go and feeding maggots to the resident robin red

Posted Images

Chris Yates also featured in a Lovely little film called "Caught in time", filmed by Hugh Miles and narrated by Cribbins..a lovely spin off from "A passion for angling", it was going to be a series but i think they (Chris & Hugh) never actually got together again after the 1st, shame :unsure: .

http://www.passionforangling.info/CIT_Title.gif

Anyone remember The Fishing Race from the 70's, starring Jim Gibbinson and Ian Gillespie? Had to catch as many different species as they could in 72 hours, in teams of 2 anglers, to win the Golden Maggot. They were even fishing a garden pond at one time. Recall them going down on the Kentish Rother to catch silver bream.

Also, the old 'black and white' Out Of Town' with Jack Hargreaves. The intro song was 'Out of Town' sung by Max Bygraves? Recall one episode where he fished the Dorset Stour (I think) for pike, using groundbait to draw in the dace and roach fry to further bring in the pike.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first series on Go Fishing with John Wilson, think he had a Lada or Skoda car at the time.

I remember the fishing race, can remember coming back from cubs and having a dripping sandwich for my supper lol......it rings a bell that they broke into a safari park and caught a piranha !
  • Like 1

The jack hargreaves ones are quality

https://youtu.be/fD-oZrZLsCE

Jack Hargreaves was a hero of mine because of his no nonsense attitude to the working countryside.

Out Of Town used to be shown on a Saturday morning at 11 o clock. I was still at school at the time and used to go ferreting on a Saturday morning with an old neighbour of mine who used to want to go earlier than that.

So I used to sit in my mothers kitchen with coat and boots on, ferrets in the box and net's in the bag watching Ol' Jack.

No video recorders in them days.

The second Out of Town was over I'd walk out the door with my neighbour waiting and giving out.

I never told him why I'd be late as he'd have told me that you can't learn off the telly and maybe he's right but you'd learn something from Jack Hargreaves, LOL, maybe more than the grumpy old fashioned lad I used to ferret with.

• Like 3