A Passion For Angling

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robson green should be made to sit and watch each of these old films....and given a dig in the side of the head every time he opens his gob to big his self up or belittle a local angler....the prick

I had the Mr Crabtree book shown in the John Baily clip, gave it to my younger brother years ago and no doubt it got slung out soon after.   Don't know if I posted this before, but me and my old fis

Feck I can't wait to go winter piking, crisp frosty winters morning where it's still and sunny all day but the frost never melts, good campfire on the go and feeding maggots to the resident robin red

Posted Images

Great filming like the pike one & that day bob fella has them roach cracking fish atb Flacko

I've been watching them on you tube, the redmire one was boring as I'm not into carp fishing, but I like the shows in general, that salmon one was class, some scenery up the highlands, would never go hungry

The most pioneering angling programme of all time. It will never be surpassed because nowadays the angling films are all about bigger, faster, more, more, more.

The magic has gone out of much fishing, for me at the very least. However back in the day PFA was groundbreaking and as good as any attenborough film of the time. I love them all, redmire is a belter though.

The salmon one was filmed at the top of the River Dulnain, a tributary of the Spey. We spent many a memorable day trying to find that pool, but it's not the sort of place you can just walk around, and , besides, there's not many silver tourists in that pool until very late in the season as it's a long way up. So I believe. :victory:

• Like 1

The most pioneering angling programme of all time. It will never be surpassed because nowadays the angling films are all about bigger, faster, more, more, more.

The magic has gone out of much fishing, for me at the very least. However back in the day PFA was groundbreaking and as good as any attenborough film of the time. I love them all, redmire is a belter though.

The salmon one was filmed at the top of the River Dulnain, a tributary of the Spey. We spent many a memorable day trying to find that pool, but it's not the sort of place you can just walk around, and , besides, there's not many silver tourists in that pool until very late in the season as it's a long way up. So I believe. :victory:

I know what you mean, life is just in one big hurry these days, even when fishing you always have something in the back of yer head that needs done. When they were made I was in 2nd year of high school and life then was simpler so we got to appreciate what was happening and our surroundings. Spent many a winters day fishing for jack pike in old mill ponds in the snow, ice etc but wouldn't change any of it
  • Like 1