Driving Land Yay Or Nay??

Up until lthe beginning of last season I'd always foot lamped, had some cracking nights and some fairly shit nights. Then met a fella that drives the land, after a season with him and staring off this season with my own 4x4 I don't think I could ever go back to full time foot lamping. Don't get me wrong the odd night out on foot no problem but I only see more pros then cons for driving the land. What's yous lots opinion on it? Yay or nay?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its all about numbers with you lot isnt it??? Just walk the land, become as one with Mother Natures sleepers as you tread sombre wet soil, and if you get a rabbit or two on your nocturnal journey, th

They were on here ,and might still be under different names ,they were clowns ,laughed off other sites i was on ....there's good and bad in everything people do , i walked for 30 odd years lamping got

theres no need to drive land for rabbits in my opinion. pre ban driving land and spliting deer out of herds and throwing the dogs out is just fooling yourself into thinking you have a better dog than

Driving the land does have its merits but its also the quickest way to bring it on top.Some places Ive walked/lamped for over 30 years and never had any trouble, now you cant even flick the lamp on now without it bringing more hassle than its worth due to others driving the fields . Some places I walk and others I will drive .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

Its the fat overwieght Irish pikeys that are ruining it here.fence/ hedges smashed out.driving all over crops. Shooting birds out of trees.armed police even been trying to catch up with them....walk it the proper way you lazy buggers

theres no need to drive land for rabbits in my opinion. pre ban driving land and spliting deer out of herds and throwing the dogs out is just fooling yourself into thinking you have a better dog than you actually do.

Did you ever see that vid on here with 4x4 chasing hairs for few minutes then chucking the dogs out. Shameful to think people out there actually do it that way
  • Like 1

theres no need to drive land for rabbits in my opinion. pre ban driving land and spliting deer out of herds and throwing the dogs out is just fooling yourself into thinking you have a better dog than you actually do.

Did you ever see that vid on here with 4x4 chasing hairs for few minutes then chucking the dogs out. Shameful to think people out there actually do it that way

They were on here ,and might still be under different names ,they were clowns ,laughed off other sites i was on ....there's good and bad in everything people do , i walked for 30 odd years lamping got introduced to driving the fields about 5 year ago and for putting game in front of dog and getting runs you wont beat it,plus you can actually see what your dogs doing or not doing as case may be lol not everyone splits deer and puts dogs out on top of them , not everybody who drives fields smashes gates or drives over crops ,some people respect the land and test their dogs by driving .... but saying that don't think you can beat walking for learning a dog the game.

• Like 11

They were on here ,and might still be under different names ,they were clowns ,laughed off other sites i was on ....there's good and bad in everything people do , i walked for 30 odd years lamping got introduced to driving the fields about 5 year ago and for putting game in front of dog and getting runs you wont beat it,plus you can actually see what your dogs doing or not doing as case may be lol not everyone splits deer and puts dogs out on top of them , not everybody who drives fields smashes gates or drives over crops ,some people respect the land and test their dogs by driving .... but saying that don't think you can beat walking for learning a dog the game.
Good post there tbh , i supose thats one massive advantage preban. To many times people make up what they think happened in the dark out the beam Or even in the beam just to far to see the full picture. Those guys running them hares was shameful but agree there many out there who do it the right way.

I'm out probably a couple of times a month in the motor can't beat it on big land. I've heard a lot of people say it's easy for the dogs in motor it can be but you can sit back and be just as sporting as if you were walking. Can bring an area on top tho if your too regular there's places I've walked for years with no problems as soon as a motor is seen there on you.