CZ rifles

Their rimfires offer unmatched choice and excellent value for money.

There centrefires are far from market leaders, offer little advantage on the financial side, and are probably several places down the league!

Deker

There centrefires are far from market leaders, offer little advantage on the financial side, and are probably several places down the league!

Deker

I dont doubt that there are better well known brands of centerfire rifles,but the accuracy is the same and better,my 308 was shot at Bisley by a very good shooter with his chosen load,not for this rifle I might add ie his load from the box no load development and he scored his highest score ever,this guy is no novice with over 60 gold medals.

Bronco

The varmint model of the CZ452, is a heavy barrel version, a bit shorter than the standard profile barrel.

They are very accurate, but in my experience not much ,if at all, more accurate than the bog standard CZ452.

If you want it for paper punching from the bench, then grand, if you want it for hunting then go for the american/style type, easier to horse around in the field.

I have a CZ 452 Style .22LR with a 14" barrell and Sako mod and a CZ 527 Varmint Laminated with a Reflex T8 mod. Both are great guns and both are very accurate when bench rested (but whatever gun you have, if you're shooting unsupported and standing then it's down to the the rifleman and not the gun!) My only criticism is that the 452 trigger is a bit 'sluggish', I'm going to order an Eric Brooks trigger kit from Rimfire Magic to tighten it up a bit. But apart from that it's a fantastic gun, very light, comes up to the aim very naturally and very quiet with Eley subs. To be honest it's the best gun I've ever owned and I've had Rugers, Springfields, Colts, Remingtons and Walthers in the past.

post-12325-1195681538.jpg

As for the 527; this is once again a very accurate bench rested gun, but how many times do you see a fox sitting 200 yds away from your bench? The regular trigger will need a bit of tweaking which is quite easy with a screw driver but you won't need to change the set trigger which has a very crisp and light break straight out of the box. My model has a very pretty laminated stock in .223 Rem and a heavy varmint barrell, add to that the T8 mod it becomes a quite top heavy weapon. It's great to shoot off stalking bipods but when slung over your shoulder it always wants to point muzzle down which is OK when you're not wading through knee deep mud. If you are only going to be foxing from a 4x4 with lamps then I would definately reccommend it but if you are going to be doing a lot of walked up varmint shooting then go for a lighter weight model in the CZ range.

Does anyone have any info on Ceska Zbrojovka (CZ) guns? wanted to buy one of there varmint guns.

Thanks

A month ago on another list I praised the CZ527 American and still think that they are nice rifles for the price. I have them in .223 and .204 and thought they were the best value for the $$$ until I brought home a Tikka T3 Lite in .243 last night. I also have two Howa/Houges with adjustable triggers (22.250 and .270 WSM) and two Savages (.204 and .17 HMR) with AccuTrigger and the Tikka has the best trigger by far not to mention the quality of workmanship throughout the rifle. In fact, after playing with the Tikka trigger for awhile I ordered a Timney for the 22.250 today. The Tikka weighs in at 6 lb 3 oz without scope and ammo, which is lighter than the Howa and very close to the CZ527s. Take a look at the Tikka T3 Lite before you buy. I paid $485 plus tax and the other California costs. MSRP is $525 which is less than the CZ at $550. Although CZ claims that their barrels are floated, that was not the case with either of the rifles I have. Tikka is owned by Sako who is owned by Beretta.

Edited by woodog

Deker

I dont doubt that there are better well known brands of centerfire rifles,but the accuracy is the same and better,my 308 was shot at Bisley by a very good shooter with his chosen load,not for this rifle I might add ie his load from the box no load development and he scored his highest score ever,this guy is no novice with over 60 gold medals.

Their rimfires are without doubt just about as good out of the box as other makes costing 2 or 3 times as much. The trigger situation which people scream on about has been partly addressed in the 453 model but frankly I think people make far too much of it.....if you don't like it simply pay your £12-£20 and get another. Compare that with a Ruger 10-22 which you buy, strip down, throw all the bits away and buy aftermarket replacements for everything! (I jest a little so don't get all upset with me if you have one). I think just about everyone would agree that CZ (BRUNO) rimfires offer an excellent choice, value for money and they shoot well!

Centrefires....don't get all twisted up, some of their tools are very acceptable, and they do have a pretty wide choice, but they have little or no price advantage over several other manufacturers. I struggle to accept that their accuracy is better (out of the box) than others, it may be similar but I spent a long time looking, touching and using a whole variety of tools before buying my .223 earlier this year! Fortunately I am secretary of a Home Office Approved club at Bisley which certainly helped with this. After years of experience, and happy shooting with my CZ rimfires, I was keen on a 527 American but after shooting one was not as impressed as I had hoped. The Ruger 77, Remington 700, Tikka T3 (all similar prices) followed, then I was a bit spoilt by the Sako 75 AND 85. There was no doubt which one I wanted but I did not have the resources to invest that much. The clear winner for me, after Mr Sako, was the Tikka T3 (Tikka owned by Sako and has a Sako barrel- BOTH of course owned by Mr Beretta) The Remington next then probably CZ and Ruger. Forget the Sako, as they cost so much more, but the out of the box and build quality on the Tikka and Remington outshone all the rest.

So, for me, I am very happy with CZ Rimfires but Sako and Tikka are my first choice for Centrefires. Let me also qualify this more by saying that whilst I do a lot of paper punching my tools specific purpose is hunting. My rifle club trips to Bisley present me with unrivelled opportunities to talk, discuss, and use many tools, mix with some very well informed and friendly people and Zero my guns (and have a pint in the clubhouse- AFTERWARDS)!!! My assessments are therefore based on my needs and are not the tools I would use if I was into serious target shooting.

All this is very personal as well, there are lots of guns out there and most are pretty good, we are all different and we all like what we like, and I have to say I much lament the passing of the Winchester 70. So...I'm, not having a go at CZ centrefires -the 527's or 550's but I prefer others!

Deker

Edited by Deker
Try here http://www.czub.cz/index.php?lang=en

Ive got the cz style with a synthetic stock. Great gun and absolutely recomended.

same as i got. ive fitted the brooks trigger kit. and its made a great rifle even better.

ive shot loads of rabbits with it and best shot yet was 91 yards which i think is good

for a 22lr with sub ammo. if i was going for a centrefire rifle. i would think along the lines of tikka t3

tactial. my friend shoots one in 223. and ive seen him take loads of super shots with it. out to 300 yards

at night to which takes some doing in the dark. but dont forget putting in the time counts not just the rifle.

and i no my mate no's his rifle very well and the rifle is only as good as the person shooting it. ;)

Edited by jamie g

I did not think you were having a dig ,and I was not saying CZ are the best thing since sliced bread, I have no knowledge of their 223 243,just saying their rimfire will and can match anything out there, but their 308 will match and beat most rifles out the box,yes its well up there on price,but it can still be bought by the average working man,myself I have a ruger m77 in 223 does its job fine with cheap ammo £7.00 a box of twenty trigger is a bit of a devil must be about 16llb pull,still it wont go off if you fall over.

bigrifle :big_boss: