Bang! Bang!

I was walking my GSP tonight on one of my permissions and one of the lads that is also permitted to shoot there was after Duck on the flight ponds at last light.

Pulled his leg a bit, had the craic, left him to it, - "Bang!, bang!" 15 min`s later (12 bore). "very skillful shooting :icon_redface: "

Made me fancy a crack at "well camo`d up " with the HW 100 kt .177, on Primos sticks, in the shadowed reeds waiting for those duck, as we do get quite a few.

That would be a great air gun hunter challenge i think. "Tempted" :yes:

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's better for all forms of hunting to stick together instead of blaming each other for wounding more animals, there's enough rubbish spouted by antis. It's a pretty bad carry on if each form of the

Airguns are awesome! and very good for hunting, as are shotguns. It's just a shame to hear shotguns been compared to them as less humane and less sporting - this is wrong and I dare say VERY naive. Bo

No matter what gun you use, some birds will end up pricked, some will get over it, and if I get a walk over after the shoot with the lurcher, some wont. I hear it all the time, big guns this, air g

Bit more discreet maybe!! Anything stopping you?

Why should discreet come into it mate, if the guy has permission? Who cares, I like my airguns, but you really cant beat the excitement of dropping duck with a shotgun, when they are flighting in at dusk, sitting there and potting them with an air rifle after they have landed, is very poor sport in comparison, and would be frowned upon by a lot of landowners as unsporting.

• Like 3

If someone wants to take ducks for the table, I see nothing wrong whatsoever with using an air rifle. Shot to the head = humane dispatch, and far more effective. Let's not forget punt gunning. Sporting? Just saying, let's not decry another person's choice of providing food/game for themselve's, as long as it's humanely done :thumbs:

I am not aware that the issue of humane despatch has been touched on, I am quite aware that a pellet to the brain will cleanly despatch a duck, no argument there,indeed over the years I have done it myself :D I am not sure what you elude to when you say far more effective,trust me 36 grams of tungsten matrix at 35 yards is pretty damn effective, I can tell you,and as for punt gunning,well I am aware that the noble art is still alive and well and done by a few hard as nails enthusiasts, but punting was in the main practised by gunners trying to make a meagre living,and feed their no doubt large and hungry Fenland families, a cripple stopper IE a twelve bore was carried to finish off the wounded birds that would sometimes result from a big shot, but remember when you are trying to feed a hungry family, and going onto the water in what must be the most dangerous craft available, risking life and limb, animal welfare would be a very poor second, sporting?I will say so in every sense of the word, I do take your point about game/ food for the table, all I am saying is that some landowners would not take kindly to a man sat potting sitting ducks off his pond, if yours is fine with that, crack on, but its still nowhere near as sporting or fun as flighting them with a shotgun.

Lol just pointing out really, that if someone wants to take ducks, not off ponds, or in flight lol, with an air rifle then it's fine, and as far as I'm aware, it's still legal to shoot ducks with an air rifle. And I personally have never regarded hunting for the table as sport, again, just saying :thumbs: