Anyone Fishing For Barbel..?

As above good post.if water is clear I us Korea is for hook links,sometimes 4ft tails.when water carrying colour around 14 inches.lead core leader or tungsten tubing pin down mainline,free running gripper lead, pva mesh bags with Pelet or bollies, sometimes use the big 5 oz feeders with a pellet/ground bait mix,jazz that up with some halibut or fish oil.find your swim and wait.I take a few pics on weekend.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me my mate and his lad have had around 80plus fish from same stretch some recaptures. Get up your pics.atb

Just started getting the kids fishing the river

There's no better fighting fish in the UK imo.rather catch a double figure barbel from running water than a 40 lb plus carp.highly addictive once you start lol.atb dc

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

We fished the wye yesterday,water at the top of banks,5/6ozs of lead to hold bottom,we had 3 fish between us only out 4hrs,try and get out again on Saturday I think,where to on the seven do you fish?pm if you prefer,tight lines.atb dc

If the rain has come your way like they were forecasting Id guess itd be higher again come saturday? We have had some right gales here last 12 hours, no rain with it though.

If I can hold bottom,I will catch pal,wye can go up or dwn 6ft in a few hrs/half a day,just got to know where the fish will be,there was a few braving the elements yesterday,when it's roaring I use straight lead and pva bag of goodies,some paste around hook bait and around the lead as well .my two mates lost some tackle but I didn't lose so much as a hookink,fishing right under my feet and not in main flow,tightlines pal.atb dc

• 2 months later...

MORNING DC IVE GOT A COPY OF THE BARBEL CATCHERS BOOK HERE RED IT MANY TIMES VERY INTERESTING READ JUST GATHERING DUST NOW YOU CAN HAVE IT IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY GOT A COPY 2004 EDITION SECTIONS ON 29 RIVERS BAITS METHODS ETC JUST LET ME NO AND ILL SEND IT ATB TIGHT LINES

Cheers mate,can't say I've ever heard of it,next season I want to travel abit more England way and try a few bigger rivers,fished the taff,seven,wye,rhummney and Ely for them.seen a few nice stretches when passing through bath way and would like to try the Avon, always fancied the wensum ,what rivers are near you?atb dc