Anyone Fishing For Barbel..?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me my mate and his lad have had around 80plus fish from same stretch some recaptures. Get up your pics.atb

Just started getting the kids fishing the river

There's no better fighting fish in the UK imo.rather catch a double figure barbel from running water than a 40 lb plus carp.highly addictive once you start lol.atb dc

Posted Images

All fish on pics caught on the wye,we sometimes fish the taff ,not so many fish but they can go 17lb plus☺,my biggest to date is 16lb 2 ozs,most fish we catch in 9lb to 12lb bracket.ALSO the chance of big chub,had them to 6lb plus on lamprey when pike fishing.If you know the swims and what time of day they turn on you can have some good fishing?just make sure you got the catty ready for the basted kayakers. Lol.atb

• Like 5

Don't suppose any of you boys could post a picture of your rigs and throw some tips my way, a club stretch that I pike fish on I've been told about a couple of double figure barbel coming out in the last month, never caught one myself so I'd like to have a bash, cheers

Don't suppose any of you boys could post a picture of your rigs and throw some tips my way, a club stretch that I pike fish on I've been told about a couple of double figure barbel coming out in the last month, never caught one myself so I'd like to have a bash, cheers

just google barbel fishing alan theres loads of advice on it but all terrain and daniel could give you some good tips better i ever could but i just keep everything simple rigs etc i have flavoured a few tins of meat one in curry powder 1 in garlic and a couple in hemp oil the pellets i use hallibut/ lamprey/ and spicy sausage bollies are spiced liver and lamprey but theres so many to choose from im sure the other lads can put you right has there getting some cracking fish

• Like 1