Anyone Fishing For Barbel..?

I FISH AROUND ROSE MYSELF NEIL BEEN A MEMBER OF ROSS AA FOR SIX SEASONS HAD SOME GOOD DAYS ON THERE WATER THERES A CRACKING STRETCH ABOUT FOUR MILES FROM ROSS HAD SOME OF MY BEST DAYS FISHING THERE CAN GIVE YOU SOME DETAILS IF YOUR FISHING THAT WAY

Thanks , I've always fancied giving it a go but never got round to it . We have one stretch at somewhere called the forge and another at huntsham bridge and I think there might be another one aswell but I'll have to look at the map book

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

me my mate and his lad have had around 80plus fish from same stretch some recaptures. Get up your pics.atb

Just started getting the kids fishing the river

There's no better fighting fish in the UK imo.rather catch a double figure barbel from running water than a 40 lb plus carp.highly addictive once you start lol.atb dc

Posted Images

There is a river that runs trough thirsk at a place called cundal you can pay at a farm there he caught a 17lb there

Was watching charlyfarly on YouTube a couple of days back doing a walk round on on cundal lodge and hall , only £5 a day

WHICH CLUB RUNS THEM STRETCHES NEIL

Prince Albert run them . They are a massive club with about 280 waters from the Wye to the lidle in the Scottish borders and loads of stretches on the rivers I mentioned a few posts back

• Like 1

NICE ONE IVE HEARD OF THAT CLUB LONG WAITING LIST TO JOIN IF I REMEMBER RIGHTLY THE WYE AND USK HAVE GOT A LOT OF THE STRETCHES SOWN UP NOW AND A LOT OF THE DT WATERS ARE ONLY LETTING REGULARS ON PLENTY OF DEMAND TO GET ON THE BETTER STRETCHES

Dont let the waiting list put you off , they say 3 years but my mates and me only had to wait 18 months . Its a pain having to go to the induction meeting but once your in your laughing and for £120 there cant be many better value tickets about . How does that wye and usk thing work

WYE AND USK FOUNDATOIN CAN BOOK ON LINE OR BY PHONE LOOK ON WEB SITE FIND A VENUE BOOK THEY WILL EMAIL U DIRECTIONS ALL VENUE DETAILS AND PHOTOES SHOWN ON SITE MOST VENUES CATTER FOR FOUR ANGLERS A DAY SO THE VENUE IS NOT PRESSURED AS SUCH LET US NO IF U NEED ANY VENUE DETAILS IVE FISHED QUITE A FEW SOME VERY GOOD SOME NOT SO

• Like 1

The best stretch on the wye is called biblins used to be glamorgans/caerphilly water but wye and usk foundation offered more coin and now they have it-30 pound for a day ticket-just below the boundary you can join monmouth anglers for 30 pound a year,just as good I've fished both for years.stay clear of wye and Usk foundation take the piss with their prices-thankfully I still have my keys for all the forestry gates-atb dc

• Like 2

WAS LOOKING THROUGH A BOOK HERE AT THE SWALE THERES MENTION OF FISH JUST OVER TEN POUND AND ONE OF THIRTEEN BOOKS 12 YEARS OLD NOW SO CHANCES ARE IF THEM FISH GREW ON A SEVENTEEN WOULD BE REALISTIC ESPECIALY WITH NEW BAITS IN THAT TIME BOILIES AND PELLETS ETC PROBEBLEY A LOT MORE BAIT GOING IN NOW ALSO CRAYS IF PRESENT NOW

WAS LOOKING THROUGH A BOOK HERE AT THE SWALE THERES MENTION OF FISH JUST OVER TEN POUND AND ONE OF THIRTEEN BOOKS 12 YEARS OLD NOW SO CHANCES ARE IF THEM FISH GREW ON A SEVENTEEN WOULD BE REALISTIC ESPECIALY WITH NEW BAITS IN THAT TIME BOILIES AND PELLETS ETC PROBEBLEY A LOT MORE BAIT GOING IN NOW ALSO CRAYS IF PRESENT NOW

In my opinion a lot depends on the river conditions not just age and food. I think a double is a big fish in the swale whereas in the trent they are relatively common place, I had an overnight session on Trent with my fishing buddy, we had 16 barbel where 7 were doubles. however I believe trent has yet to produce a twenty? Between me and a friend we caught a fish we could recognise half a dozen times in last five seasons and it has been between 13lb5oz and 14lb1oz and there is a lot of bait and natural food in trent however there is a lot of water going through the place....but a small lazy river down south which you could literally jump over? Great Ouse, and a recognised fish did a couple pounds a year from 10lb because it was in a known stretch and everyone went for it? not all down to age and food, a LOT has to do with river conditions. Swale is a smaller 'spate' river. I may be talking bolox because I have never actually fished it but I cant see it doing a 17lber??? I thought it was more of a smaller river, smaller fish, proper fishing, type of place.

IF YOU LOOKED BACK TWENTY OR TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO AND SAID YOU HAD CAUGHT BARBEL IN EVERY MOUNTH OF THE FISHING SEASON PEOPLE WOULD HAVE LAUGHT AT YOU WITH GLOBLE WARMING AND WETTER WINTERS ITS EASLY DONE NOW THE BARBEL ARE NO LONGER LAYED DORMENT FOR MOUNTHS AT A TIME THEY WILL BE FEEDING THROUGH OUT THESE WARMER CONDITIONS SO IN MY EYES THAT MUST MEAN GROWTH PERSONLY I THINK THERE WILL BE A FEW SUPPRISES THROWN UP IN THE NEXT TEN YEARS ALSO WATER QUALITY HAS CHANGED FOR THE BEST ONLY A GOOD THING FOR FISHING IN GENERAL OFF TO SORT THE DOGS NOW ATB

• Like 1