Ferret Breeders

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get two jills and keep the cage clean Kept ferts for 25yrs and never had a problem...the only time I put a vac,d hob over my jills one of them died a few weeks later...They will not automatically kee

You should really keep two ferrets, they are not solitary animals. That size would be big enough though.

You must be a beginner, they say you can keep two brothers together and it should be ok.

Just keep an eye out next year for fighting in the breeding season. They should be fine together in the winter and try and get them smallish if you're working hobs it will save you on digging.

You must be a beginner, they say you can keep two brothers together and it should be ok.

Just keep an eye out next year for fighting in the breeding season. They should be fine together in the winter and try and get them smallish if you're working hobs it will save you on digging.

i am a beginner.what sex would you recommend keeping together then.

Two hobs or two jills, every year you must breed a Jill or get the Jill jab. If you're going to breed your own working line then you could get a male and female from working stock. You have plenty of time until May to get a new hutch and separate them if you need to.

Two males should be OK to live together but don't stud one out because after one has mated it won't be the same in the season and will probably fight.

Edited by tiger82

Two hobs or two jills, every year you must breed a Jill or get the Jill jab. If you're going to breed your own working line then you could get a male and female from working stock. You have plenty of time until May to get a new hutch and separate them if you need to.

Two males should be OK to live together but don't stud one out because after one has mated it won't be the same in the season and will probably fight.

so I should get one of the hobs sniped.