• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Canon DSLR but nowt fancy,cheap lens but does for me..all on manual settings,just trial & error with me lol          

When you see them guys behind the goals at premier football matches with compacts fitted to them big f**k off lenses that the time to get one

I have an ancient Nikon D300,....I believe it could be a good tool,....in the right hands..   To be honest, I have realy tried to understand the basic rules of photography..   The reason for F.Sto

Posted Images

Here's a laugh bout 3 year ago juring the oxegan music festival we had parked the car in car park but beside us someone had broken into the aposing car my friend being an opurtunistick thief picked out a brief case from the boot low an be hold a camera and a pile of lenses so off he goes drunk snapping shots of all the going on and partying later that day police stopped him with the camera must have known it was expensive an most likely wasn't his ....they took his phone too and told him come to the guardia station with id and reset to get them back . . .the fool he is went later on and asked for his phone Sargent came out asked him about the camera he said never seen it befor sergeant replies do you mind telling me why there's 45 pics of you on it so ha ha ha ha ha charged turns out it belonged to a photographer that worked for the irish daily star funny still gets crap over it

Some good photos here. Regarding the couple of posts showing photos taken on 'manual', I would make two comments. Using manual setting still requires either using the camera's in-built metering or an external light meter. My guess is the in-built. Personally I tend to use aperture or shutter priority as usually I know which I want to fix for a specific shot. Then secondly was the focus mode manual or auto for these manual shots?

Some good photos here. Regarding the couple of posts showing photos taken on 'manual', I would make two comments. Using manual setting still requires either using the camera's in-built metering or an external light meter. My guess is the in-built. Personally I tend to use aperture or shutter priority as usually I know which I want to fix for a specific shot. Then secondly was the focus mode manual or auto for these manual shots?

depends on the shot, small birds in flight would be near impossible to focus manually. a light meter is great for non action shots as you can get the f stop correct so the exposure is spot on, but again theres no time with action shots, so you have to go with the built in meter.

Omanra has a quality camera something 700 it's called think cannon absolute quality shots . The lenses are a price themselves. ... iv asked santa for one or just like it

The NIKON D700 is a decent camera albeit almost 9 years old technology

There are some cracking cameras out there now, if I lost this one tomorrow I would be replacing it with the same...mainly as I know the it and how to get the best out of it

• Like 1

Omanra has a quality camera something 700 it's called think cannon absolute quality shots . The lenses are a price themselves. ... iv asked santa for one or just like it

The NIKON D700 is a decent camera albeit almost 9 years old technology

There are some cracking cameras out there now, if I lost this one tomorrow I would be replacing it with the same...mainly as I know the it and how to get the best out of it

mate of mine has one, great bit of kit, as good as my 5D mkiii i recon, but i do struggle to remember where the buttons i am looking for are, with the canon i do it without even thinking lol

Went into jessops today and had a chat, they recommended either the Nikon d3200 or the canon 1200 d as a good entry level dslr. I've been looking at the Nikon d3300 on internet and looked on YouTube too, it seems to have good write ups from what I've read and the price seems sensible to me too.

• Like 1

What about the new breed of compact cameras...

Some are far far better than a lot of dslr cameras.

Have a look at the Sony rx series.

Yes they are expensive, but do everything a budget dslr will do..

And can be carried in a shirt pocket.