Need New Boot, What Do You Think?

My Low as are 3 yo and have split across the top and the welt is coming away. Not the best person regards maintenance but have done lots of walking but not much digging in them tbh

Got a pair of Haix ready to go (army buddy) lol

Cheers, D.

The problem with lined boots is that once they're wet you have two problems: they take ages to dry out and you loose your confidence in them keeping you dry the next time you put them on. Leather boots properly treated dry much quicker and, if they do get wet, you just add a bit more of whatever it is your treating them with. I can recommend Lundhags. I have the Scout which is much lighter than equivalent Gore-Tex lines boots and mine are over three years old and still going strong.

Edited by Neal

I have the Lowa Combat gtx and they're like wearing trainers. I need them for the ankle support as mine are made of paper mache.

I treat them with the full works cleaner/dirt remover then conditioner then waterproofing and finally parade gloss polish. This will waterproof them but needs to be done regularly. It will also stop the leather from splitting.

There are a couple of places that are licensed by Lowa to replace the soles on them.

Will upgrade to the Lowa Hunter in a few years when these finally give way.

I've had a pair of HAix Tibet for 2 1/2 years. Lived in them at times. Been through all kinds of muck, wet, sh#t. Covered miles in them. Never let me down and never leaked. WIfe has 2 pairs and she is the same. Like all leather boots, keep them well treated and dry gently. And get a half size extra if you wear thick socks :thumbs:

• Like 1

Looked into meindl extreme dovre boots, anyone had these? From what I can gather it don't get much better?

I've had a pair for a year now. Very comfy and stand up well to hard use. Down side is they are heavy and costly (but worth it) but the lace hooks are flimsy compared to those used by Haix.