Talpex Convert

ive just got in from pulling traps....in 40mph winds and lashing rain! 22 moles from 30 traps and not a single trap sprung and missed....i personally couldent do that with any other trap...and ime not useing genuine talpex eather..ime useing a copy thats the same price i have a few talpex and their is very very little diffrence in them :thumbs:

• Like 1

Purchased 10 claw traps (Talpa/Talpex) from FlatPack along with another 60 duffus, still waiting for my first mole, mind you I do tend to put a backup trap or 2 in as well, the duf normally wins the day.

Just wish I could master them and guarantee the results, its not rocket science, is it??

i used to put a back up trap or two in aswell but then o worked out that i was just wasting trap hours.. i will put 2 in in breeding time and on 2 day sets a lot of the second traps will catch...but its very very rare for me to miss with a talpex type..and if i do 9 out of ten times its caught a stone and not closed up properly...or a sheep has sprung it

Different situation out here. The moles must be more communal as I regularly get two or three in a small area so I overtrap on the first visit. If get called back a few months later I can usually just place a trap in a main run near to the new diggings and get the incomer, but for initial clearances if I just put one trap per mole I'd be going back too many times. As I cover up to 45 miles radius I reckon a few extra minutes placing extra traps saves a lot of hours behind the wheel.

• Like 1

I love the talpex in soft soil, I do a lot of fields that are sand,or with a high peat content,in that kind of ground, I find them to be deadly,every where else I just use the barrel trap,I have never used the fenn's they look handy enough,is there any particular way of tuning them or is it a case of bending the lug on the trigger plate, like a normal claw trap?,

I keep a few fenns,,,after the adjustment is done to lighten the plate,,one way in is going to be more sensitive than the other,,,its a great little trap though,,they do tend to rust a lot quicker than most traps..

What adjustment BK? Been gifted 3 off an old fella comes up to the farm for eggs :D Not tried them yet ,grounds saturated.Cheers Dave

He means lightening the trigger so that when the mole hits it, its a quick clean catch. You can do it by fileing down the lugs on the trigger so that they release quicker when struck by the mole.

Hope this makes sense Northenlad

ATB

MAG

• Like 1