Sign in to follow this  
Nicepix

Putanges - The Movie!

i made some wider triggers as i found the traps didnt always sit tight to the walls of the tunnel and on these tunnels could be rattled from side to side. i compared the set trap to the width of the ring on a duffus trap (made that size for a reason) and seen a big difference and went from there...

some liked them some dont, but i prefer them and wont go back to the standard trigger.. a little more awkward to set as some tunnels need a quick rake out to get the trap in but i dont find it a problem, as much i as i really like the trap i prefer the duffus as they are faster/easier to check..

Depends on how you check them Smithie. If you just look at a Duffus, and are confident that if one or two of the springs are up it hasn't been disturbed then it is quicker checking Duffus traps. But you will not know whether a mole has gone under the trap or filled it. So I tend to lift at least some of the traps especially if the mole is still unaccounted for in the traps checked so far. That means clearing and re-setting the trap.

If you set a pair of Putanges and use the clod or a board to seal the hole all you need to do is lift the clod or board. You can tell by how the legs are aligned whether it has caught and see that the trap site is clear. Pop the clod or board back and the job's done. On my contract jobs it is embarrassing how quickly I can check three or four trap sites,

• Like 1

Its on youtube mate.....

cheer's bonnie lad,just wondered what the fuss was all about,been a good read this thread,especialy when its pissing down out side and the land is like a bog,,

thank's again for the info,of to walk the dog,then sort the fert's,then of to work,living the dream,not,

have a good one,mate,

Ian

• Like 1

hiya,

i think he and their lass are banned,not sure,just what i picked up reading through old post,s

Why would Clive have been banned? He was / is sound as a pound.

He ain't banned.

hiya,

prob's me picked it up wrong on the thread,got mixed up with some one else, homer moment doh doh doh

Ian