Roe Sack Recommendation

Harkila do one they reckon will hold a Sika but I can't see one fitting in it. I've had two roe bucks in one and it damn near killed me and that was with someone else carrying my rifle and sticks. You'd go down hard with a load like that on your back... Might even find yourself in a chiller. I also find the Harkila material choice was a real mistake as it amplifies any noise you make brushing up against foliage. A drag rope is cheeked and safer for something that size if have thought.... Or a 4x4....

Harkila do one they reckon will hold a Sika but I can't see one fitting in it. I've had two roe bucks in one and it damn near killed me and that was with someone else carrying my rifle and sticks. You'd go down hard with a load like that on your back... Might even find yourself in a chiller. I also find the Harkila material choice was a real mistake as it amplifies any noise you make brushing up against foliage. A drag rope is cheeked and safer for something that size if have thought.... Or a 4x4....

cheers yokel matt, I have a 4x4 but a few of the places I stalk are only accessable on foot, I usually strap the front legs and the back legs together and throw them on my back like a rucksack but it does pain the shoulders a bit as all the weight is on them, would a roe sack split the weight between the shoulders and waist?

Monarch country products sika sack will fit the bill.

I've had 2 roe does in my standard monarch sack and carried them out while dragging another. Hard work! To be honest I find the sack very well thought out and comfortable once you've got it on your back. It was the awkward dragging that did for me, not the deer in the sack.

Novice

There used to be a woman on the Stalking Directory who made these sacks @ £50 each from canvas, and I had one.

Very good it was too.

I've since bought one from Phill Ogden, who makes these here in the UK,I bought mine From Monarch Country Products,it came with a free mora clipper.

I've had roe,muntjac,fallow,and sika in mine, along with a very excited 6 yr old nephew.

It has a removable liner for ease of cleaning,the bag with adj sits high on you're back making it easier to carry over a longer distance.

I think their very well made and I think around the £100 bracket.

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk/

There used to be a woman on the Stalking Directory who made these sacks @ £50 each from canvas, and I had one.

Very good it was too.

I've since bought one from Phill Ogden, who makes these here in the UK,I bought mine From Monarch Country Products,it came with a free mora clipper.

I've had roe,muntjac,fallow,and sika in mine, along with a very excited 6 yr old nephew.

It has a removable liner for ease of cleaning,the bag with adj sits high on you're back making it easier to carry over a longer distance.

I think their very well made and I think around the £100 bracket.

http://www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk/

it was poppins on sd who made the sacks,just plain simple well made bomb proof sacks, i had a sika sack you would get a fallow doe in but carrying it would be the problem, i had 3 roe in mine one morning never again !!!!!!!!!

It would feel great for the first 50/100 meters, then you'd gradually find yourself stooping lower and lower until you finally get to the truck and your near kissing your boots as you stumble the last few yards.

Don't expect any sympathy from the wife later either!

I was looking at the large ones on the monarch website, for £100 they look good value? if it makes my life a bit easier then it will be money well spent.

The Monach ones are very good. One of them is said to be for Sika's. Personally sometimes just looking at a fallow after shooting one breaks me out in a sweat i dont think i will ever be putting one on my back.

I was looking at the large ones on the monarch website, for £100 they look good value? if it makes my life a bit easier then it will be money well spent.

The Monach ones are very good. One of them is said to be for Sika's. Personally sometimes just looking at a fallow after shooting one breaks me out in a sweat i dont think i will ever be putting one on my back.

We only have fallow and reds around here and I'm not putting a red on my back.

We only have fallow and reds around here and I'm not putting a red on my back

what sort of size fallow you looking to carry ?..gralloched out , head and feet of even the prickets are 70lb ..3year olds are 90 ..100lb . dragging them is bad enough ..makes my back ache thinking about it .. :laugh: .

We only have fallow and reds around here and I'm not putting a red on my back

what sort of size fallow you looking to carry ?..gralloched out , head and feet of even the prickets are 70lb ..3year olds are 90 ..100lb . dragging them is bad enough ..makes my back ache thinking about it .. :laugh: .

I shot a 3 yr old the other day, although I didn't weigh it, I would say he was top end of 80lb, near killed me carrying him out, after that I said feck it there has to be an easier way than this, it's not easy dragging them out here either, a lot of cover and fallen branches/trees ect., I have a pic somewhere of the area I stalk, I will stick it up later.

If you don't think that the Sika sack will be big enough, and you really think you want to have a go at carrying the beasts out contact Phil Ogden and ask him to make you something. Can't say enough about the good bloke he is to buy from.

thanks ss, is the monarch number that I would contact him on?

this is some of the ground I stalk on,

090_zps2d4f59c8.jpg

089_zps22af8392.jpg

088_zps81f9ec5e.jpg