I want to keep our gravel drive as you can hear cars and people approaching, but over the years it's really compressed and in several places it's just a solid mass.

Do I need to rake this up or just get a load more gravel and spread it out on top?

Fresh gravel we have it aswell as you said would always have gravel to here if anyone's about every few years have to cover it with fresh

Just pour it on what's there?

it's the larger type gravel...more sort of rounded than sharp if that makes sense.

Fresh gravel we have it aswell as you said would always have gravel to here if anyone's about every few years have to cover it with fresh

Just pour it on what's there?

it's the larger type gravel...more sort of rounded than sharp if that makes sense.

Yeah pour it over equally rake it all level

Cheep option use k1-70 bitchumen tar then gravel it. The gravel sticks to the tar and cars don't tear the stones up when turning etc.

Good idea my uncle did something similar But then You don't hear strangers walking on it at night

If you use a base of 10mm to start with then fate a day or so [BANNED TEXT] it's all down nice and tight. You can rack it in with 6mm stone witch leave it a bit loose all over but still tight. So you would possible still hear any one walking. Loads of ideas though lads

Edited by Kimbo
  • Like 1

I had in my mind that a tonne of gravel would be like a mountain but it's really just a big bag. I've put 4 on it so far and doesn't look any different.

Hope you got a good deal on them if you bought 4 tonne bags

£30 a tonne from the local quarry. :thumbs:

I had in my mind that a tonne of gravel would be like a mountain but it's really just a big bag. I've put 4 on it so far and doesn't look any different.

Hope you got a good deal on them if you bought 4 tonne bags

£30 a tonne from the local quarry. :thumbs:

What stone are you using ?