My Female Goshawk

bullet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a video of two slips on rabbit with my female gos, the clips are the wrong way around, the first slip she slammed in the fence after her rabbit, the second slip which is the first clip you can see in

today resulted in two rabbits from two slips got one on camera, need to sort out the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNcJUUkMTs&feature=youtu.be the picture of the two  

today we were back out up the peak area, had a walk around first to see if any squatters were laying out, nowt to fly at so ferreted a sett, first slip for me rabbit was out and in as quick as a blink

Posted Images

Nice one......I only ever managed a half grown blacken myself.....

I wanted her to catch it as im thinking if she misses were gonna be jinxed lol

Maybe you'll catch that hare then next......;-)

• Like 1

maybe.......been told to do the lottery lol

Well they do say things come in 3's.....haha...

Well they do say things come in 3's.....haha...

lol, she's having a day off tomorrow, so nothing to report till Tuesday now, lol mondays and Wednesdays are rest days for her

Edited by bullet

Nice one Bullet

I caught one with a Harris' Hawk years ago, before digital cameras were common [no pics, that's my excuse ]

There was an area that had a few around but the Hawk was never really sure about them until i ferreted one out one day and the ferret nipped it as it bolted.

The fact the rabbit squealed encouraged the hawk to grab and hold it.

I never did catch another one and Mixy has now all but wiped out that colony of rabbits.

what is it that causes the black rabbits? when i first saw a picture a while i just assumed it was an escaped pet that had turned wild again! but is it just a gene that gets thrown up every now and again? :hmm:

rumour has it they let some go that had mixy to wipe out the wild ones, but who knows, could be line breeding or anything, dug to a litter of young once and it contained an albino young un, gave it to my mother who reared it to adult age, ive also seen another albino rabbit in the same area, where the black one came from I got the heads up that there is black uns around before we even got there so must be common

what is it that causes the black rabbits? when i first saw a picture a while i just assumed it was an escaped pet that had turned wild again! but is it just a gene that gets thrown up every now and again? :hmm:

rumour has it they let some go that had mixy to wipe out the wild ones, but who knows, could be line breeding or anything, dug to a litter of young once and it contained an albino young un, gave it to my mother who reared it to adult age, ive also seen another albino rabbit in the same area, where the black one came from I got the heads up that there is black uns around before we even got there so must be common

hmmm interesting! thanks bullet!

ah thats cool, we used to have a couple of albino rabbits as pets as children but they were just the normal ones you get from a shop not wild ones!