A dark Khaki green jean type trouser. I bought a few pairs from Decathlon. They're spot on and as smart as I need to be whether beating or shooting.

A pair of decent over-trousers for shitty weather and I'm sorted.

The usual performance hunting trousers from the various brands I find stupid expensive and often shite. Much better taking a layering system approach.

I wouldn't recommend jeans, they soak in water like no mans business and don't dry out easy.

I wear moleskins and a pair of Barbour waxed over trousers / chaps.

When I was a kid I just used to wear a pair of army trousers.

End of the day you can pretty much wear what you want but just remember, your gunna be walking in them near enough all day, weather could turn hot then cold, even if it ain't raining at the time, walking though a bit of beat that was rained on the day or night before is gunna get you wet.

Cheers lads, it's the second season of beating I'm just starting. The the beat is very rough in spots,big bankings covered in brambles and it often looks like a sniper is picking the beaters off the way we go down so expensive is out of the question lol. The wax chaps sound a good idea

I wouldn't recommend jeans, they soak in water like no mans business and don't dry out easy.

Not if you wear over-trousers they won't. No non-waterproofs are pleasant to wear in wet conditions. Personally I've not found these jean type country trousers any worse than anything else. But everyone has their own preferences I guess.