Collie Blood

http://youtu.be/NVzbP_oGKlU

Before any of you say "Ye but the dogs backed off", listen to what he's saying

Fascinating video. Hard to watch the dogs getting slammed into the gates, though. I had to watch a few more similar ones after that as the whole herding thing is so interesting. Seeing the way a small predator can gain control over enormous cattle. The power of the eye, that determination and focus is amazing.

I just got the feeling if the dogs were bit harder and use there teeth more, say like a acd would , they control the cattle better , and prob the dogs not get so knocked about. Holding back like they are , is making the cattle domineer the dogs more :yes: , well that's how it looks to me. I rather have a acd or a gsd as herding dog, as both have more fire in them than your average border collie :yes:

The dogs are working and following commands exactly as they are being trained to do in the cattle pens, you have to listen to what the guys is saying in the video.

• Like 4

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to have this fella back - faster than he looked clever and gutsy too.  

My wee lurcher pup 23" 6 month old very little collie in it 1/8 but is very collie ish in its behavior

I've kept collie based lurchers for a number of years now .... best part of 20 odd. I know that they don't suit everyone but they do me just fine, catching me a few bits and bobs but mine have been g

Posted Images

Fascinating video. Hard to watch the dogs getting slammed into the gates, though. I had to watch a few more similar ones after that as the whole herding thing is so interesting. Seeing the way a small predator can gain control over enormous cattle. The power of the eye, that determination and focus is amazing.

I just got the feeling if the dogs were bit harder and use there teeth more, say like a acd would , they control the cattle better , and prob the dogs not get so knocked about. Holding back like they are , is making the cattle domineer the dogs more :yes: , well that's how it looks to me. I rather have a acd or a gsd as herding dog, as both have more fire in them than your average border collie :yes:
are you kidding bird? I told people to listen to what he's saying in the vid before making comments like this.

The dogs are getting swung about and rammed into gates while holding on? I'd like to see dogs not let go by having a cow ram them into fences.

Let's see you gsds do this,?

but a acd deff would :yes:

This site makes me laugh on times. Them dogs are tough as old boots, granted, not every collie will do it. But show me another breed of dog that will do this consistently.

The dogs are told to hold back, lay and wait, and told to move when to move, for the people who in able of listening to videos I suggest you take five minutes and listen, cos it really is frustrating when you hear or see the same bollocks being spouted on here.

You wouldn't need to give a gsd any commands, it'd know what to do and do it with more tenacity

• Like 1

just looked up average weight for a male ACD 15-16kg

Just looked up average weight of a cow 1,100kg

Now call me a theorist but I doubt any dog will be capable of holding on to cattle that's pisses off charging ? Lol

Those big bull breeds with wild boars should be retrieving them single handed live to hand.

This site makes me laugh on times. Them dogs are tough as old boots, granted, not every collie will do it. But show me another breed of dog that will do this consistently.

The dogs are told to hold back, lay and wait, and told to move when to move, for the people who in able of listening to videos I suggest you take five minutes and listen, cos it really is frustrating when you hear or see the same bollocks being spouted on here.

You wouldn't need to give a gsd any commands, it'd know what to do and do it with more tenacity
what weight n height?

are you kidding bird? I told people to listen to what he's saying in the vid before making comments like this.

The dogs are getting swung about and rammed into gates while holding on? I'd like to see dogs not let go by having a cow ram them into fences.

Ray they are training wild cattle to work to the dogs not training the dogs. The dogs are doing what is asked of them no more no less. When he sells a dog he has to go and train the cattle to respect the dog, and that is what the dogs are doing making the cattle fear them.

TC

• Like 2

Do people still work gsd to livestock??? Genuine question,,cheers

Do people still work gsd to livestock??? Genuine question,,cheers

Not a clue , I was takin the piss with my post :laugh:

• Like 2

Ray they are training wild cattle to work to the dogs not training the dogs. The dogs are doing what is asked of them no more no less. When he sells a dog he has to go and train the cattle to respect the dog, and that is what the dogs are doing making the cattle fear them.

TC

:thumbs:

as with all breeds i believe to much is a bad thing, hes my collie whippet saluki grey (of some make up) however she only has like 16th collie in her but it all depends on how the genes flow and shes come out fair bit more collie that you would expect for 16th collie, im happy as larry with her though, shes spot on!

post-93481-0-84201100-1448641481_thumb.jpg

• Like 1