Spring Rifle... .22 Vs .177

Makes me wonder why there are so few .20 guns/users around because logic would say that this cal is a happy medium of the other two, better trajectory than a .22, better penetration than a .177 but perhaps not. I have to say that I have never seen one let alone used one so pure speculation on my part...............................i'll get me coat..

Phil

I have said it before and probably say it again , what is the point of .20 when you have very good heavy pellets in .177 and some very good pellets light pellets in .22

If you look at five words in my post----------PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART. I was not suggesting we all go and buy a .20 cal gun, simply bringing it into the discussion.

AND I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR POST ABOUT 20 CAL IMO :thumbs:

Okay, fair comment.

Please allow me to dig a little further into this out of ignorance not trying to be an arse but by using lighter .22 or heavier .177 pellets in order to get over the need for .20, would you tend to go with pellets that do not perform as well as your favoured pellets in terms of best grouping. I can completely understand your comment regarding the use of these different weight pellets in order to gain a certain advantage but in most cases would that not be at the expense of group size.

I am still on a learning curve and will no doubt ask what is deemed to be a stupid question but I am really interested.

Phil

All ways go for the most accurate pellet for your gun ,that's over rides every thing else :thumbs:

There is no such thing as stupid question , thats how we learn and every day is a school day for all of us :thumbs:

• Like 3

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.22 much smoother imo

Mmmmm and the song goes on. Rez makes a good point,- FT and HFT boys use .177 "like it`s going out of fashion".So "why is that"? It is obvious in my mind that hft and ft lads are looking

.22 all day long.

I`m lucky in that i don`t take much notice of recoil as i shoot shot guns a lot too.

Recoil from my TX 200 .177,- neither here nor there , it`s a lethal springer. :yes: . I use AA Fields 8.4 grain,- i use the calibre for what it gives springer or pcp.

atb

The difference though mate, is that shot guns have released their shot by the time the recoil kicks in. With an airgun, the pellet is still in the barrel when it jumps, which is why it makes more of a difference.

In .177, the pellet is in the barrel for a shorter time but it jumps more. In .22, the pellet is in the barrel for longer but the jump is milder.

Horses for courses. But I find .177 to be easier to shoot accurately out of a springer.

Chris

• Like 1

I`m lucky in that i don`t take much notice of recoil as i shoot shot guns a lot too.

Recoil from my TX 200 .177,- neither here nor there , it`s a lethal springer. :yes: . I use AA Fields 8.4 grain,- i use the calibre for what it gives springer or pcp.

atb

The difference though mate, is that shot guns have released their shot by the time the recoil kicks in. With an airgun, the pellet is still in the barrel when it jumps, which is why it makes more of a difference.

In .177, the pellet is in the barrel for a shorter time but it jumps more. In .22, the pellet is in the barrel for longer but the jump is milder.

Horses for courses. But I find .177 to be easier to shoot accurately out of a springer.

Chris

People shoot .177 only because they cant shoot .22 , Only saying !! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And thats a wrap :D

They can, its just there shit at range finding... or cant be arsed..

There both (mark , VM) mint when they both been to spec savers ,REZ :laugh:

Here is it true that both the twats have real tree camo on there zimmer frames :whistling:

Only asking as im interested :hmm:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: