Right I have been looking at vans but can't get anything with correct tow weight, so decide to buy 4x4 either landrover discovery td5 or another l200 . but heard bad things about disco any one owned one ?

i have the disco td5. Never let me down yet and i have tested it extensively offroad. Things to look out for:

.Chassis rust due to age

.Make sure you get one with rear coils not air bags

.fluid levels, dont buy one with low coolant, probably a head gasket failure.

.smell oil for diesel.

.dont worry about mileage or service history.

.check wheel hubs for play by jacking each corner up.

If you are wise when choosing youll have a good bus!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've a fairly new berlingo van have to pay commercial light goods tax.   If it was a car it woukd be £35 to tax makes me sick lol

If you go vauxhall go for 1.7 ,the 1.3 are wank

Vauxhall combo 1.7 Dti or the newer 1.7 Cdti! Both the 1.7's are Isuzu engines where the 1.3's are fiat...can pick up tidy ones for around £1500 so well within you're budget ??   Astros are a pain i

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had tons of 4x4s,estates and vans so heres my opinion unless your goin to use 4x4 often i.e drivin fields,your payin a lot for the occaional bit of snow so prob not worth it small vans are ok but not really gaining anythin as well there small so cant fit anythin you wouldnt get in an estste and only got 2 seats. That leaves estates and bigger vsns, ive just got rid of a honda accord 2.2cdti estate the older style 2002-2007 I think mine was 54 plate and it was a crackin motor heated seats open and shut the boot off the fob eleccy everythin every toy goin cost me 1300 with 170k on clock it cost me 400 for its 1st mot on droplinks and hubs so just check them after that was bomb proof ran it to 200k amd just chopped it in for a lwb hi top vivaro. Which is your next option, ive took box vans all over towing my boat youve got good clearance and if u stay away from rwd they get good traction and dont get stuck easy tons of room and if you dtick some windows in the back you can even take em to the tip lol.2k wiuld just get you a trafic/vivaro but prob have to be careful at that price so id say estate.

I sold my 54 plate combo van 1.7 di with full bulk head ply lined p/s side loading door with 74k miles on for £880 was a great motor for dogs but I much prefer my focus estate to it but thinking of a pick up atm

• 3 weeks later...