Catherine Elliot Hancock Lurchers

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've probably had this up more than once before. He was a dog I bought from a greyhound breeder who paid good money for a greyhound stud then his farm collie managed to cover the bitch after she came

Well,... I like Collie x Greyhounds,... I find them just right for the mouching/ferreting/rabbiting game ... I prefer the bitches, as they are generally a tad smaller than the dogs and can still

Some people cant deal with what sometimes a collie type temperament brings and should and would be better off with a different type.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye the beef are unpredictable ? I done few years with them then jumped at chance of running the dairy ? it’s more the personal want to be able to to do it more than a need for it ? I enjoy training lurchers an any dog so reckon it would be a challenge but one of enjoy, like I said tho, one day?

Do you do the milking katchum.whats the pay and hours like.?

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye the beef are unpredictable ? I done few years with them then jumped at chance of running the dairy ? it’s more the personal want to be able to to do it more than a need for it ? I enjoy training lurchers an any dog so reckon it would be a challenge but one of enjoy, like I said tho, one day?

There was a bullock/steer out on verge on way home from school ,went an got the farmer as farm was just down road, went passed it again ,parked up an started walking toward it,he pulled up behind it in tractor an opened the field gate,As  it tried going past me I shouted hup at it, with that the rest in the field started for the open gate?So just as the loose one got to the gate 20? Head of beef tried spilling out onto the road, the farmer looked nervous as hell and threw his hat at them to stall them ?

He told me he had to temporary put them in the field as his barn roof blew off an he's trying to replace 75 ft of roof before his TB testing next month . ?

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:24, Blackdog92 said:

Useful dogs in a trial. 

And great workers to pal, my dogs also have Jim Croppers Sid and Dan in their lines, infact theres a lot of trials and International Trial Champions in their pedigrees. Regards Collie John.

1 hour ago, colliejohn said:

And great workers to pal, my dogs also have Jim Croppers Sid and Dan in their lines, infact theres a lot of trials and International Trial Champions in their pedigrees. Regards Collie John.

Sound the bussiness

Edited by nothernlite
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:12, W. Katchum said:

Na  no robots am a few poles haha where’s yer permission roughly mate, I work leyburn way

I used to ferret up that way 30 odd years ago an arab owned the moor, we used to get over a hundred every week, but one day  it snowed and we had to leave early we only got 70 odd that day lol, when I was a kid  there  was a farm in the village run  by four brothers, and I went to tell them their cows were out one day and they blamed me the b*****ds, our old man went mad. I poached there land for years after that.

• Like 1