Help You Guys? My Eyes Are Bleeding.

Air gun Ant. Better then you would think. Little salt and black pepper. Good man. Initially the apples come through but when you you get the taste of parsnip it all comes together. Not to mention a cracking bottle of wine, cheese and River Cottage chutney to finish the meal. Business. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The pain is worth it when you get to enjoy homemade horseradish relish at the end of it that shop bought shite has no kick to it.   You could try wearing goggles while you grate the horseradish tho

A vegetable has you begging for mercy

Carnation is evaporated rather than condensed milk? That makes sense, not horseradish pudding sauce!

You only use the root and the white tips from the leaves. Scrape or use a potato peeler (this is where you are going to hurt) to get rid of the outer skin.When you are left with the white meat you then cube it and very carefully load it into your blender. Why. Because it's just cost me for a new one which burned out when one of the cubes choked the blades. :whistling: Now the blender I had , had 2 speeds so when you've actually reduced the damned stuff to manageable form speed it up. This literally reduces the root to something like a paste. By now your eyes are bleeding. :boogy: Next bit is easy. Carnation milk and salt. Blend them in for as long as you or your family can bear the pain. A little bit of white wine vinegar finishes it. Now as regards quantities you might as well be asking me about quantom physics cause I just do it by the look. I would try a single root with very little extra ingredients to get you going and go from there. Word of warning. When you let the mates taste it they are going to be asking for a jar and by now you will realise the value of friendship. I have just been out digging my next lot of roots. Tears to follow. Enjoy. :bye:

Sounds exciting! I must give it a bash and stop being idle. Carnation is the really thick sweet milk isn't it?

No mate, the reallllllllllly thick stuff is Nestles milk, carnation in a red and white can, like creamy milk.

Cheers, D.

Can only comment as I find. To be honest you might as well use pure Cornwall cream but all I'm doing is using what seems to make the stuff last a while. We all know that you can include ingredients to make it last for ever but then it isn't proper home made sauce. Have a go. Small quantities of each might be the best way. I prefer to stick to what I know.

• Like 1

Go for them little pink tins and you won't go far wrong. Be prepared to have an experiment though. I'm sure there's lots of different ways and to be sure there must be a way to calm it down a bit.