Another 3

Out again this morning , me , dog & the 6.5 ..over the same farm to the early morning field by the offices .whilst their was nothing in the field I could see a few doe's milling around in the copse , amongst them a poor specimen buck ..his reign only lasted a few minutes before a bigger buck chased him off , I watched the bigger buck strutting his stuff for about ten minutes before he came out , it was the the one from the clearing on Tuesday..his reign didn't last long when the big boy from the stand appeared , a quick square up and they got at it ....for all of a minute ...the youngster turned tail .

I set of to circle the wood to my left to come three quarters of the way down the field behind the copse , an hour later I was in place only to find the buck had moved his girls down to the bottom ..thinking nothing would come out now I was just about to move off when out walked a young buck , he took one look at the old boy and promptly trotted up towards me , stopping about sixty m from me to check the big fella wasn't on his tail ...in reality the buck was the least of his problems , the 6.5 was real trouble. All sorted it was home for lunch and tag and clean him ..in the chiller at 109lb

post-81636-0-07119400-1445543186_thumb.jpeg

Back at about three it was down to the copse again , and again their were deer in amongst the trees feeding under the chestnuts and oaks .whilst I could only see their backs I fancied their would be a candidate ...the wind had dropped which let me get through the horse paddock to get at right angles to the deer and out of view of the office girls .plotted up I waited to see what if anything come clear ..twenty minutes or so after eight doe's and fawns wandered out two prickets heads down grazing came clear , the darker one of the two lifted his head for the last time , checked I pulled him under a tree just incase he was on view from the offices , as it was only about four o'clock I made my way the few yds to the new pond and lay down more or less were I was Tuesday , at about 4.30 the lighter pricket came out from the wood at the bottom and 15 min later he to met the same fate as his mate a 123m away from me ..in the chiller at 72lb & 62lb ...post-81636-0-09055000-1445544067_thumb.jpegpost-81636-0-03303100-1445544163_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1