Poaching Gamekeeping

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#91 Bosun11

Bosun11

Has trouble with the "focus" lamping

• 8,994 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:10 am

Pmsl - That's what i love about this site, some helmet puts up an emotive post such as that, as a first post too and everyone bite's. Are we so starved of subject matter that we rise?
I'd be very surprised if he comes back, not because of his replies but because he never had any intention too. Only to cause shit and go!

#92 woodman

woodman

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:23 am

Pmsl - That's what i love about this site, some helmet puts up an emotive post such as that, as a first post too and everyone bite's. Are we so starved of subject matter that we rise?
I'd be very surprised if he comes back, not because of his replies but because he never had any intention too. Only to cause shit and go!

I could not see his welcome post,or did i miss it?you must admit the banter was good fun

#93 Bosun11

Bosun11

• 8,994 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:30 am

I could not see his welcome post,or did i miss it?you must admit the banter was good fun

Yes mate, the banter is good fun, as long as it stays like that. ;)

#94 woodman

woodman

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:35 am

But is that not what good healthy debate is all about,voicing one's views

#95 Bosun11

Bosun11

• 8,994 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:39 am

Absolutely! ;)

#96 woodman

woodman

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:46 am

Absolutely! ;)

Can you please tell me why my positive vote function is intermittent,works,then not,works,then not,etc,etc,etc

#97 Bosun11

Bosun11

• 8,994 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:16 am

Absolutely! ;)
Can you please tell me why my positive vote function is intermittent,works,then not,works,then not,etc,etc,etc
'Positive vote function'... Do you mean your 'like this' button??
If so, it should always be working at the bottom of everyones posts, bar moderators. We cant be liked! ;)

#98 woodman

woodman

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:38 am

Absolutely! ;)
If so, it should always be working at the bottom of everyones posts, bar moderators. We cant be liked! ;)

I get one message that states i have used all my positive votes for that day or one that states that an error has occurred.

Edited by woodman, 21 October 2015 - 09:44 am.

#99 Bosun11

Bosun11

• 8,994 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:21 am

Absolutely! ;)
I get one message that states i have used all my positive votes for that day or one that states that an error has occurred.

I'll see what can be done. ;)

#100 walshie

walshie

"English Dai"

• 15,652 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:32 am

I think you only get 10 "likes" in any 24 hour period. 

#101 Ideation

Ideation

Jesus Like Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:02 am

[, so what game is left is munched away so its not worth bothering ] i am sure plenty of trappers,terrier men etc would love the pest control

[and management for wildlife stops]why would it not revert to the natural order of things

[Cover crops get ploughed in, ] why would they be needed

[Hedgerows get lost] why would the hedgerows not just revert to nature the strongest surviving

[Biodiversity gets f****d ]the biodiversity would establish it's self

[A Woodsman knows which goose lays the golden egg. Perhaps thats why you spell it different to the rest of us.]woodman (no s) is a metaphor username because i am a carpenter.

Without wanting to drag up the debate again. . . . .

I'd have to agree with TF in that one of the best things about large sporting estates, is that generally they have a consistent management policy in place, which promotes bio diversity, and improves habitat for all creatures.

Odd little examples such as - on the estate I used to keeper, the song bird population was amazing, mainly due to the fact that predators (i.e squirrels etc) were controlled and many many tons of wheat was fed out of hoppers / the spinner etc during winter, when the native birds often struggle. 

The acres of cover crops etc, which were mixed crops, provided a real haven for insect life etc.

Some places would obviously still practice these things. but for the majority of places, as soon as they were economically unviable they would stop.

And most importantly, my retired 65 year old father and his spaniel, would have very little to do with his winter if they stopped game shooting!

• foxdropper, ragumup, Born Hunter and 3 others like this

#102 devon flighter

devon flighter

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 937 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:10 pm

-How does poaching occur on your land? someone takes the bunnies  :thumbs:

-What do you find to be the best defense against Poachers? hide  :icon_eek:

dat made oi larrrf  :laugh:

#103 neil cooney

neil cooney

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:45 pm

Hi,

I am a Design student at Loughborough University and I am designing a product that will be used to give landowners and Gamekeepers in the UK more security against poachers. I just have a couple of questions that I would like to ask that will help me significantly with the research. It would be great to get some feedback from you! Thanks

-How does poaching occur on your land?

-What do you find to be the best defense against Poachers?

Welcome to The Hunting Life.

After 7 pages of answers to your question did you learn anything ?

Also, did you over estimate or under estimate the I.Q. level of the average British poacher, bare in mind that those who probably do a lot of poaching wouldn't come on here telling all ?

• foxdropper, Born Hunter, woodman and 2 others like this

#104 W. Katchum

W. Katchum

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 8,787 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:48 pm

Every body knows poaching don't happen anymore ffs, died out with Danny champion of the world's ole man
  • woodman and yoty141 like this

#105 jok

jok

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:20 pm

Right Design Student. YOU have given us nothing except a question. We have given YOU, I'll admit, a kind of rigmarole answer. Now what exactly is this design project that is going to stop poaching, ANSWER PLEASE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users