Preventing Poaching In The Uk

You just need someone on your shoot that doesn't mind giving the poacher a slap

you slap a poacher it would be returned ten fold many a keeper spent many a day in hospital for slapping the wrong poacher and many a keeper has lost a shoot for slapping a poacher my mate got beat up by a keeper took what he got the next time he got of his quad and eight of us stood in front of him,like i said before you wont get poachers you let a sensible hunter hunt your land and let him sort and trouble out

That's what I was referring to someone on your land who will sort it out

Most wise keepers will have someone like that

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why   exsactly...a keeper is worth one thing....his birds.... the second he falls below standard with his birds he WILL be in the firing line..what if he has wife and bairns? what happens if your c

speaking from both sides of the law having been a gamekeeper whos estate prosecuted for poaching and having been prosecuted for poaching.....THL is NOT the place to get sound advice about this topic

Wild??? Pheasants??? Deer parks? Etc.   Big difference between poaching some bunnys etc and a lot of other stuff, some poaching does basically involve robbing someones stock, taking their assets et

We caught a car full few months ago just locked the gate and phoned the police

3 cars arrived within 10 mins

3 cars within 10 minutes, to protect a few scabby myxies looks like the geordie coppers have got their priorities in order
Its not just scabby rabbits its Hares its Deer its trespass possibly armed

Its Rural crime not saying the lads in the car were also thieves but in an area where there has been plenty of Farm thefts the police have a duty to respond

Plus they were beside our pens

• Like 2

3 cars within 10 minutes, to protect a few scabby myxies looks like the geordie coppers have got their priorities in order

Its Rural crime not saying the lads in the car were also thieves but in an area where there has been plenty of Farm thefts the police have a duty to respond

Nothing wrong with looking after your own interests mate, and when it comes down to farm thefts well that's a different matter altogether
  • Like 3

Look to African safari parks for advice some are doing well with keeping tabs on far more valuable game not many would be so brave for a brace of pheasants if there was a local armed ranger brigade with orders to shoot on sight there would still be a few animals lost but not many.

Big difference between a bird bred to be shot than a endangered species tho isn't there what a stupid post

Look to African safari parks for advice some are doing well with keeping tabs on far more valuable game not many would be so brave for a brace of pheasant if there was a local armed ranger brigade with orders to shoot on sight there would still be a few animals lost but not many.

Big difference between a bird bred to be shot than a endangered species tho isn't there what a stupid post
. Edited by jiggy
  • Like 1

Every body knows poaching don't happen anymore ffs, died out with Danny champion of the world's ole man

I thought it stopped when king of the tumbler lurchers retired ? Lol

Oh and just to edit the post ,what happened to the young Bristol lad that was going to be a austringer, he don't come on anymore,and now we have this?

Wouln't mind taking this geezer out for a little bit of sport. That might give he/she something to write about. :hmm: Cost him though. The beer round here is expensive and then there is the taxi fare, the overnight kennels and so on. Thought he might be interested :boogy:

I don't mind poaching for a bit sport to beet the keeper or for the pot to feed a mans children.

The thing is poaching has become a more commercial business where entire herds of deer are being targeted for the underground meat trade. This is what must be stopped and if the lad wants to invent something to help this very real problem then good on him.

• Like 5
  • 2 months later...

http://www.nationalgamekeepers.org.uk/news/schoolboy-creates-poacher-app-to-fight-wildlife-crime

This school boy has come up with an app, even if it isn't effective thanks for trying school boy as you have done alot more to help the problem then the trolls who are slamming another young lad who is trying to help.

If you haven't got anything proactive to say or do then don't mock others who are trying to help.