What Wellies?

I've got the choice of 2 different pairs of wellies going pretty cheap as a bloke I work with bought out a closing hunting shop's stock.

The 2 I'm choosing between are the Le Chameau Vega (non neoprene lined) and Aigle Parcours 2 (neoprene lined). Now I know both are supposed to be real good willies, as a few friends have vouched for the Le Chameau Vega and Vierzonord and I've heard good things about the Aigles, but which pair should I go for?

Ive heard the Le Chameaus last for ages and are really comfortable, just I was concerned about them in the snow etc with not being neo lined. Has anybody got a pair and how do they find them?

I prefer the look of the L.C's to the Aigles, but at the end of the day it's gonna come down to performance I think. Ive previously found some neoprene willies to be a bit too warm in the spring and summer months, but these were big chunky Muckboots.

What are peoples opinions on which I should go for?

Cheers!

Dan

Edited by DanRaistrick

Went for the Aigle Parcours 2 ISO in the end, pretty happy with them so far but will have to see what they're like for a good night out lamping or a days beating.

If he has any of the Le Chameau's still kicking about in my size in the spring I may get a pair for summer willies as they're a bit lighter and probably cooler.

Unfortunately even though they're going cheaper than RRP I still couldn't afford both haha, he's a Scotsman so as you can imagine his prices aren't that much cheaper than RRP even though he told me he paid next to nothing for them in the scheme of things!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive heard from a few people that their have lasted years and years, not sure if that's with frequent use or just the odd day out like. A bloke I know swears by them and says they're much harder wearing than the Le Chameaus..

As long as I get a good couple of years out of them i'll be happy, which I assume I should seeing as though my muckboots lasted 3 years and these are of much higher quality. Cheers for the advice though, I do give them a quick wipe off and store them properly so hopefully they wont perish, if they do i'll be contacting Aigle and demanding a new pair! haha

Personally I don't think there's a pair of wellies that will last 1 year.

I got 6 months out of the pair of Hunter Balmorals that I have now before they started leaking.

But I used to get a year out of Le Chameaus and found them good but I found they were made for those who wore breeks as they were tight on the calves.

• Like 1