Strolling,just Strolling

woodman

Last night i took a stroll,the furthest i have been yet, to apiece of land that looked promising only to discover three men who i heard before i saw them,slightly the worse for drink i believe,they were walking the plough shining torches this way and that,taking the occasional shot (sounded like a .410 ) and generally making a racket,so not wishing to be mistaken for some form of quarry i withdrew and carried on strolling across an adjacent field,as i reached the far hedge i heard the sound of a vehicle stop where i had just come from and the night took on a blue flashing hue.As to the end result i have no idea,maybe it will appear in the local newspaper next week.Anyway,continuing into the next field i followed my usual procedure as it held a few rabbits (as to how many i am not sure,i will check again tonight as the general racket probably sent most to ground ).So as it turned out,worthwhile in the end,for me anyway.

Edited by woodman

Last night i took a stroll,the furthest i have been yet, to apiece of land that looked promising only to discover three men who i heard before i saw them,slightly the worse for drink i believe,they were walking the plough shining torches this way and that,taking the occasional shot (sounded like a .410 ) and generally making a racket,so not wishing to be mistaken for some form of quarry i withdrew and carried on strolling across an adjacent field,as i reached the far hedge i heard the sound of a vehicle stop where i had just come from and the night took on a blue flashing hue.As to the end result i have no idea,maybe it will appear in the local newspaper next week.Anyway,continuing into the next field i followed my usual procedure as it held a few rabbits (as to how many i am not sure,i will check again tonight as the general racket probably sent most to ground ).So as it turned out,worthwhile in the end,for me anyway.

I took a stroll in daylight past where i saw the three men with torches and a gun,there is freshly broken hedge,where i assume they gained entry and a scattering of beer cans.this sort of behaviour can only be bad for hunting at all levels.

if they had permission why were the police called? i suspect from the near by cottages because of the drunken racket they were making,and more to the point why do i need permission to look over a gate at the countryside at night with NV.

Edited by woodman
  • Like 1

Got acouple lads like that round me...can follow them from field to field by bottles cans cigaret packets and broken fences......bloody shame for everyone else

you are so right no consideration for others and more importantly, the countryside we share

• Like 1

Leave em be, takes attention off more cautious folk out enjoying the night, and then pay kids a couple quid to clean up any mess they leave whilst your out walking, win win for everybody lol

I CAN QUITE ASSURE YOU I WANT NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THEM.I would suggest they are the reason attention gets drawn to more cautious folk out enjoying the night

I often come across folk out like that a night, I tend to just move on and go elsewhere seeing as attention now on them or I sometimes sit and have a laugh to myself whilst watching the foolish folk stumble about thinking they a cross between bear grylls and ole man Attenborough lol

I must be going to the wrong places never come across anyone like hat at night

Edit to say must be going to the right places more like

Edited by CushtyJook
  • Like 2

Got acouple lads like that round me...can follow them from field to field by bottles cans cigaret packets and broken fences......bloody shame for everyone else

Its disgusting, fisherman are even worse bait packaging like sweetcorn tins, boilie bags even seen disposable bbqs on the river bank.

• Like 2