The farmer/keeper was away shooting grouse this week in yorkshire he and brought me back a brace to try,got a English partridge as well and what would be the best way for a useless fecker in the kitchen (me :laugh: ) to cook them.Now i really am proper useless cooking :icon_redface: so need a simple way so i don't ruin them and going for brownie points as the misses is off doing one of these metal mud assalt course runs today and want a nice meal for her this afternoon when she gets back..

Anyone help please?. :victory:

find with the grouse mate go well with red wine,i usually put half an onion in it then lift the skin fron the breast slide a little garlic butter under the skin a dash of red wine place skin back down tightly wrap with bacon with tin foil and cook of 25 mins on 180 take out of oven tin foil of let sit for 20 mins jobs a good one english just wrap with a bit of bacon tinfoil 20 mins 180 tinfoil of let stand for 10 mins jobs a good one enjoy you lucky man make sure oven is 180 before ya put them in

• Like 2

find with the grouse mate go well with red wine,i usually put half an onion in it then lift the skin fron the breast slide a little garlic butter under the skin a dash of red wine place skin back down tightly wrap with bacon with tin foil and cook of 25 mins on 180 take out of oven tin foil of let sit for 20 mins jobs a good one english just wrap with a bit of bacon tinfoil 20 mins 180 tinfoil of let stand for 10 mins jobs a good one enjoy you lucky man make sure oven is 180 before ya put them in

You Taz are a bloody good man and thank you good sir :victory: ,your also welcome down for a chinky anytime your ready mate :thumbs: ..

Well what can i say? but what a grand tasting bird they are,my god you can taste the heather and the wild moors in them.A bit rich for the kids but that ment more for me :laugh: and although i won't ever raise a gun to one as shooting driven game ain't for me i'll allways beg one given the chance :yes: .

So nice one Taz although they needed a little longer than you said they went down well for sure mate :victory: ...