How I Hunt

woodman

I prefer all my equipment to be compact and as multi functional as possible.I only ever hunt alone,as then i only have myself to blame if mistakes are made,which i am glad to say is rare.Never use a vehicle except occasionally i have been known to use a bicycle.i look upon the outdoors as natures living larder and only take what i need and do whatever i can to help preserve the rest and above all i am always humane in the dispatching of quarry.i completely understand the need to take large numbers of quarry were one's job is pest control,but believe the quarry should not be wasted.So in a nutshell i would class myself as a "table hunter",which after all is how it all began.

Edited by woodman
  • Like 7

I believe hunting once you have the field craft is best kept simple.we all made mistakes while learning,but now those mistakes and how to rectify them has become the basis of our field craft,so making the odd mistake is not a necessarily a bad thing as long as we learn from it and do not pass the blame onto i.e the weather,the equipment or any other such thing ,as the knowledge of this we should already have and understand.The important thing is to allow our selfs to learn thus expanding our field craft enabling us to keep it simple.that being said,the way that is simple for one person may not be simple for another who is working a different type of ground,so variations occur,but as long as the end result is the same i.e we get our dinner relatively simply and the fact we enjoy it is all that counts