What Happening To Thl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im not a member of any other forum and i dont want to be ether   iv met some good friends on here and in person some not so good to but thats thl for you   some live over the water and some down a

Ive only been a member on here for a short while (2 years ) . and in that time i have got to know a good few lads , all it be in the air rifle sections , simple because thats what i do , this does not

Some people join forums to have smoke blown up their arses, and when the fire goes out, no smoke. And there are plenty of members with far more experience than Zini and the others on this section, an

Posted Images

I've barely posted on this forum at all in the last 2-3 years, but previously I was a really active. Around that time there was a really good solid core of regular contributors that for the most part seemed to have a good laugh with one another. People's lives tend to lead them in different directions - since I was a regular on here, personal circumstances have meant I've sold my guns and rehomed my ferrets. I've now moved to the other side of the world, so the long and short of it is that hunting and shooting hasn't been on my mind much, so I haven't been inclined to post a lot.

Somebody mentioned that the forum deteriorated when zini stopped posting. While I completely agree that Si posted some excellent content, so do many many others. I love watching videos of people's hunts and seeing pictures, but I feel the likes of VHTV make contrived videos that have lost their realness. Scopecam footage is amazing, but I don't need to see the guys walking to their hide, or getting out of the car.

That's my input. Hopefully in the coming months I'll be set up to do some airgun hunting in Australia, so with any luck I'll have something to contribute again!

Must admit, VHTV is what inspired me to buy my HW97K and get seriously into spring air rifle shooting, after a couple of disappointing flirtations with Gamos and some fun plinking with an AirMagnum 850 CO2 rifle. Saw a couple of vids of Si Pittaway shooting long-range groups with a 97 that I only thought were possible with a PCP... and that started me on the long slippery slope... :yes:

Add in HuntersVermin's excellent video about installing a V-Mach kit in his 97, and my fate was sealed.

There's a lot of dross on YooToob, but some gems in there too, if you look hard enough... :thumbs:

• Like 2

Believe it or not lads, I thought the section was better before Zini arrived, that's about the time that the section changed and your professional airgunners turned up (pah!), to many sub sections to flick through with nothing new in them, and the folk that moaned and whined until they got the extra sections realised they had nothing to put into them, a waste of time, it was better when the section only had one section with everything on it. I have nothing against Zini, I liked a lot of the stuff he posted, a little long winded sometimes with his vids, but the reason folk got bored with him is that he became Zini the TV star and believed his own hype, then when everybody got bored with his content, he started to cob his rattle out of his pram. The only one I miss out of the whole bunch of them is DavyT, a propper airgunner, f**k blowing smoke up peoples arses, he gets on with his shooting. And the internet is not the heart of our sport, getting your self out and about is. So instead of moaning, get your self out and get posting. :thumbs:

• Like 4

I agree with most of what you said , but Si pittaway got a lot more lads in to shooting and shooting springers or pick up a springer again and that includes me with picking up a springers after so many years of not touching one , now i have five spring guns and shoot them more than my PCP guns

• Like 3