shotgun refusal when should i re- apply

Put your hand in your pocket, and go and see another GP. Get a full medical, including a written statement of mental health, if its fine, put back in for it.Read the post Compo put, i couldn,t find it at the time, but it basically means, they legally haven,t a leg to stand on regarding your previous midemeanors.Its the old gp,s letter thats buggering you up.Sort that, and they cant refuse, as i said before, its a civil right to own a shotgun, not so a firearm, thats different, but in the shotgun case, they have to PROVE you unfit.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait until  you really know someone before getting to involved with them!

Catapult?? 

Me too mate, I kicked a little ball for a dog the other day as hard as possible and kicked my other foot?‍♂️

Its a shit state of affairs that you can get your guns taken off you for being depressed, when something like 90 odd % of the population suffer with it at some point during their lives and go on to get well again and fully recover :thumbdown:

Edited by SJM
  • 14 years later...

So, my application for my S/G cert has just been refused. I had a ticket for over 20 years prior to getting with my ex. She was anti gun, an ex hippy, drug addict and hunt sab (bad choice right). So, they interviewed her and she told the police that I was controlling and coercive! All lies and just bitter as she hated guns. When we split, I went out to try to find a new home and get my head around everything - she told the police she thought I was going to kill myself ad they went to the house and took my gun - erm, I was out trying to find a home! I have NEVER been suicidal! I gave up my ticket as I was moving into a rented house and there was no where to keep my gun. What are my options now?