Koro Trap.....

This is a Koro, the type that is in for approval. The guy at Perdix brought them in and submitted them.

If they get passed then there's some serious questions that need to be raised. The 'dog' actually flies up when the pan is depressed. If an animal is approaching from the LHS this dog will knock it out of the way. If the animal is approaching from the front, then the dog can still knock it out of the way.

This trap is a powerful one, retails at about $17 in the USA and it could be so much better with adjustements. If an animal does go in perfectly then it is killed quickly, however, how many times will an animal be foul caught due to the 'flying dog'??

Here's a piccy .......

It was hinted at by those 'in the know' that this is now going to take over from the MK4....

post-16-0-23530400-1444398553_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My mate is head keeper on a rather large grouse moor, he and is under keepers can run out 150 to 200 mk4s at any time, swapping these for Koro's is going to cost the estate a fortune, if they retail at $17 in the states you can bet your life that they will be 4x that over here.

I myself i run out up to 20 mk4s at a time, although i have been using 110s and 116s as well, but to buy in a load of Korro's at around £30 to £40 apiece is a big hit on the pocket

My mate is head keeper on a rather large grouse moor, he and is under keepers can run out 150 to 200 mk4s at any time, swapping these for Koro's is going to cost the estate a fortune, if they retail at $17 in the states you can bet your life that they will be 4x that over here.

I myself i run out up to 20 mk4s at a time, although i have been using 110s and 116s as well, but to buy in a load of Korro's at around £30 to £40 apiece is a big hit on the pocket

Someones going to be making alot of money.

Heres the thing, the Koros will be passed for free, but when someone else comes up with a better, more humane alternative, then the testing will now suddenly cost 10K with no guarantee of passing. So in effect, the powers that be, although they are shouting humaneness, they do not preach it IMO.

It should be a level playing field IMO.

When the Mk4's get banned, and they will, then there is little other alternative, except for Mk6's. But as we know, the Mk6 will probably get taken off the list for stoats. hhmmm.......

Edited by J Darcy

Thanks, I was thinking along the lines of an L-shaped tunnel; to stop enything entering from the left.

Not that it's going to affect me, I generaly only trap rats & moles - still plenty of traps for them. Glad you posted the picture though, very interesting.

The double spring version is extremely powerful. But it takes a lot of effort and if you get a nip, you know about it! :laugh:

But, the trigger ensures lots of false catches, feet catches and such as, IMO.

Will the Fenns still be able to be used johnathon? I have had good success with Imbras, Fullers juby and the everitt Squirrel traps. I have a good friend who traps for a living who lives in Nebraska he uses all sorts of traps and catches many different varmints. He only trpped an American badger a short while ago. Do you keep any trapping books. By THE WAY i know t2 friends of yours. Les Gedge and Paul Duffy, 2 of the greats and so trustworthy.

Edited by Lutra Lutra
  • 2 weeks later...

The double spring version is extremely powerful. But it takes a lot of effort and if you get a nip, you know about it! :laugh:

But, the trigger ensures lots of false catches, feet catches and such as, IMO.

Will the Fenns still be able to be used johnathon? I have had good success with Imbras, Fullers juby and the everitt Squirrel traps. I have a good friend who traps for a living who lives in Nebraska he uses all sorts of traps and catches many different varmints. He only trpped an American badger a short while ago. Do you keep any trapping books. By THE WAY i know t2 friends of yours. Les Gedge and Paul Duffy, 2 of the greats and so trustworthy.
might not be friends long if you keep putting the full names up on an open forum without there consent lol