Bloodhound Available for Stud

Standing at Stud

Purebred Bloodhound Dog

Both parents Hunter Hound Association

Used for tracking and hunting deer.

Exceptional tracking abilities, can go for miles.

Strong athletic and very agile.

This Boy weighed in at 50Kg at 12 months old, now 2 years old.

Stud Fee $200

Central Victoria, Australia.

Enquiries to (03) 54762325

jess@aussiemail.net

More photos available on request

post-12284-1195470193_thumb.jpg

post-12284-1195523352_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jess

Thats the way they should look Jess not like the droopy eyed Kc rubbish we have in this country

Thanks for the compliment, I tend to agree.

A lot of the bloodhounds that are about nowadays (not that there is that many) are frankly not worth looking at. Our boy is a super example of the true bloodhound.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the price range for these guys tends to vary from around $800 to $1500 depending on whether you want papers or not.

We don't actually hunt ourselves nowadays, just keep a few dogs and do the breeding side of things.

Hi Guys,

A crossbred Bloodhound and greyhound is very similiar in body type to a fox hound if thats any help :)

Simoman, You would probably be amazed at just how fast this boy can move! For a big floppy dog he does have fairly good speed.

Hi Simoman

I would have to say no except for entropian (where the eyelids fold inwards and eyelashes tend to rub on the cornea). But a good breeders (such as ourselves LOL :tongue2: should not be breeding from dogs with this problem, although many breeders are only after the dollar factor and so will breed and sell anything that even slightly resembles a bloodhound. If you have a look at our boy you will see his eyes are clear and show what a good eye should look like in a bloodhound.

Great looking dog. Whats the average life span for these dogs,the show ones dont last long.

in the UK there is no difference between the working and show lines and same for longevity, between 8 and 10 is the norm. At UK working trials there are dual champions (ie show ring and working champions) and at the last count I did there were 36 hounds competing at working trials, hunting up to 6 miles 24 hours cold, and out of those 36 30 were winners at major UK championship shows.

Keep up the good work Jess :thumbs: I competed against the bloodhound club on a three mile track with one of my shepherds a couple of years ago, my dog tracked rather than trailed so we won. They were pretty impressive to see work......