Putanges - Any More For Any More?

Clive how long do you leave them down ? don't they seize up ?

In some gardens they are in situ 24/7 for months at a time. I check them two or three times a month whenever I'm in the area and part of the check is to move the trigger so make sure that it is moving smoothly. If it isn't I either pull the trap out and change it for another one or give the legs of the prongs a rub with a small wire brush dependent on whether I've remembered the wire brush. Some of the traps have been underground longer than a pit pony.

If you put the traps in the main runs you can leave them to mop up any incomers before they start creating molehills. I seal the holes with a clod marked with orange road menders paint. After a while the clod shrinks or degrades and I dig another one from the edge of the garden and replace the old one. As long as the tunnel remains intact you can leave them for ever with periodic checking and maintenance.

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st ones in the bag [/url]

I have 2 spare setting tools free to good home   I made 1 as I lose things often and made extra. anybody wanting one let me know

accident and emergency`s all over the country will be full of middle aged men all with odd bits of wire clamped onto their fingers/hands/bellie fat/other protruding out body parts

Posted Images

I'm having a bit of a mare with communications at the moment. My mobile doesn't work in the UK and Yahoo have decided that my logging on over here is a security threat! For some reason though they don't think using my phone to log on presents the same threat to world security so I'm still picking up messages but the fecking predictivetext for replies is doing my head in.

Not only that but because of the bad weather the ferry was delayed 6 hours on departure, lost another hour or so mid crossing and a further hour docking at Hull. As a result I missed out on picking up traps from Flatpack and other stuff from Kilgerm.

Calling IMW; You were going to collect traps from Wortley Hall. Do you want me to leave them with reception? I'll be here all day up to around 4:45pm and then out all eveneing and out all day tomorrow until around 8pm. Send a PM please.

when arrival expected ? hope its Monday no one home here until late sat

I wil try them next week on the golf course ;)

Courier thought most would arrive by Saturday. Those to locations further away might be later. But they have experienced delays due to the recent bad weather.

According to the blurb they make three attempts at delivery.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1

I had a bit of bad luck after delivering the remaining Putanges to my brother-in-law the van developed a serious smoking habit. I returned to the hotel where the car park was full to overflowing with cars from a weekend wedding ceremony to find smoke pouring out from under the bonnet. I managed to get it out of the way (imagine the insurance bill for the French insurers if fifty cars had been burnt out!) Next morning I had a look and it seems the alternator has burned out. Van is now in a local garage, arriving an hour before they closed for the weekend, and hopefuly will be ready by lunch time tomorrow otherwise I'll miss the boat.

Fingers crossed. :victory:

If anyone is wanting any Putanges send me a PM with your e-mail details and I'll pass them on to Ian next week when / if I get back.

• Like 1

Bit of drama there Clive!

Allow extra time at the port, we got back in via Portsmouth this morning, supposed to come back in through roscoff but the sailing was cancelled. Slower than usual to get you through border control (finally their doing something).

Looking forward to the traps arriving.

• Like 1