Putanges - Any More For Any More?

Sorry - No more orders can be accepted at this time. If anyone else is interested or anyone wanting to buy some more please PM me and I'll pass on your details to my Brother-in-Law who will have the remaining stock to sell from next weekend onwards.

I'll be posting the orders below out this coming Thursday by Hermes Parcels. If anyone has any queries about their order please PM me.

Thanks to all concerned, and remember: Tie the feckin' triggers on! :laugh:

*****************************************************************************************************************

I'll be coming over in mid-November and am bringing some Putanges to post out when I get there. They work out at £1.75 each, £3.50 a pair and the basic lever setting tool you need to separate the jaws to place the triggers in is supplied free, one per order. Or £1 each if you want more than one. Postage by Hermes works out around £5 for up to 5 pairs or £6 for 6 pairs up to 25 pairs, and £8 for more than that. The traps come with triggers, one setting tool per order and some braid fishing line to attach them like this so they can be slid into tunnels with the triggers retained in just the right place. A pack of five spare triggers is £2 but if you tie them on like in the photo you shouldn't lose any.

2015-06-25%2014.33.04_zpsrx2vqw6s.jpg

Traps £1.75 each.

One Setting Tool comes with each order free, spares are £1 each.The plier type tools are £4 if you prefer them.

Pack of five triggers £2.

Fishing line to tie the triggers on included free.

Putanges are small, simple spring traps that are useful for runs under patios, where roots make it difficult to put Talpex or Duffus traps or where you need discretion such as on golf courses or in gardens where there are kids, dogs or lawnmowers. The traps are totally buried and there is nothing to spring up. They actually collapse smaller when activated. So are ideal for those shallow runs just under the turf or alongside walls. The only terrain I don't use them is loose soil.

They come all bright and shiny copper coloured, but oxidise over time. I've got some nearly three years old and they still work well despite having been in the ground 24/7 for several months at a time. I just rub the area where the trigger meets the jaws with emery cloth every now and then.

If anybody else wants some let me know ASAP as getting quantities at the right price isn't easy and there is a lot of crap on the market. I would have to print address labels before I travel so realistically Sunday 15th November will be the cut off point. I'll be able to post them out by Thursday 19th November or you can collect from Wortley, between Sheffield & Barnsley. Any I have spare will be left with my brother-in-law to sell on eBay, but obviously the price will be higher because of the eBay & PayPal fees.

So far I've got orders for:

IMW: 25 Putanges (£43.75) (To be collected)

Socks: 40 Putanges & Setting Pliers (£80.00) PAID - Thanks

MAG 1980: 10 Putanges & Setting Pliers (£26.50) PAID - Thanks

Moletrapper: 50 Putanges & pack of spare Triggers + Setting Pliers (£64.50) PAID - Thanks

Bry: 30 Putanges & pack of spare Triggers and spare Setting Pliers (£64.50) PAID - Thanks

talpa: 30 Putanges & Setting Tool (£59.50) PAID - Thanks

Myersberg: 30 Putanges & Setting Tool (59.50) PAID - Thanks

Cookie: 20 Putanges & Setting Tool (£43.00) PAID - Thanks

Smithie: 10 Putanges (£22.50) PAID - Thanks

Eds PC: 30 Putanges (£58.50) PAID - Thanks

Out of Nowhere: 10 Putanges & Spare Triggers (£24.50) PAID - Thanks

Rasp: 24 Putanges & Spare Triggers (£49.00) PAID - Thanks

Phil Llloyd: 10 Putanges & Setting Pliers? (£26.50) PAID - Thanks

Air Gun Ant: 30 Putanges, Spare Triggers & Setting Pliers (£64.50) PAID - Thanks

Devon Flighter: 20 Putanges, Spare Triggers & Setting Pliers (£47.00) PAID - Thanks

Vin: 20 Putanges, Spare Triggers & Setting Pliers (£47.00) PAID - Thanks

Mad4it 10 Putanges & Setting Pliers (£26.50) PAID - Thanks

Cragman 10 Putanges £17.50 (To be Collected)

BunnyDigger 10 Putanges & Setting Pliers (£26.50) PAID - Thanks

Outandabout 10 Putanges, Setting Pliers & Triggers (£28.50) Paid - Thanks

Collieman 10 Putanges, Setting Lever & Triggers (£25.50) PAID - Thanks

Bunnyboiler 10 Putanges, Setting Pliers & Triggers (£28.50) PAID - Thanks

Stormyboy 20 Putanges & Setting Pliers £44.00 PAID - Thanks

W. Katchum 10 Putanges, Setting Pliers & Triggers £28.50 PAID - Thanks

Mr. Wilkes 10 Putanges £22.50 PAID - Thanks

Lurchers 10 Putanges £22.50 PAID - Thanks

JackG 20 Putanges, Spare Lever & Spare Triggers £42.00 PAID - Thanks

J Darcy 10 Putanges PAID - Thanks

Trappa 20 Putanges PAID - Thanks

Edited by Nicepix

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st ones in the bag [/url]

I have 2 spare setting tools free to good home   I made 1 as I lose things often and made extra. anybody wanting one let me know

accident and emergency`s all over the country will be full of middle aged men all with odd bits of wire clamped onto their fingers/hands/bellie fat/other protruding out body parts

Posted Images

Thanks for the replies.

Payment can be PayPal (as a gift) or posting a UK cheque to me in France. I'd like payment before the 15th November please. PM me for my PayPal details or postal address.

Thanks for the replies and PMs.

There is no rush. I'm not travelling over until mid-November. Because of the difficulty of getting the right traps at the right price I thought I'd put the thread up in good time. I've got enough traps to cover the orders so far.