Further Update On New Lurcher Association

That seems to have been a very positive first meeting, well done to all concerned.

Perhaps localised meets would be good to spread the word as such, not everyone is on THL, a few of the lads I do a bit with aren't and are true dog men who I reckon would be interested in this.

As this develops even hiring a room in a pub, village hall, club etc and putting a small meet together to spread the word may work?

I feel there's a lot of questions that will be thrown about as we all hunt/act and think differently, but surely a united voice is a good thing?

I think two of the steering group members are from down your neck of the woods ,if you would offer to set up a meet up in a pub etc with your friends associates and any other interested parties in your locality they would come and answer any questions and talk through the aims and objectives of LAGBI. As would other members in the different localities around the country this is a national group even international to include Eire also so any local events meet ups etc should be arranged if possible even with existing groups and clubs who are interested, spreading the word is thew ay to grow and develop the association with like minded folk.

• Like 1

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

That seems to have been a very positive first meeting, well done to all concerned.

Perhaps localised meets would be good to spread the word as such, not everyone is on THL, a few of the lads I do a bit with aren't and are true dog men who I reckon would be interested in this.

As this develops even hiring a room in a pub, village hall, club etc and putting a small meet together to spread the word may work?

I feel there's a lot of questions that will be thrown about as we all hunt/act and think differently, but surely a united voice is a good thing?

I think two of the steering group members are from down your neck of the woods ,if you would offer to set up a meet up in a pub etc with your friends associates and any other interested parties in your locality they would come and answer any questions and talk through the aims and objectives of LAGBI. As would other members in the different localities around the country this is a national group even international to include Eire also so any local events meet ups etc should be arranged if possible even with existing groups and clubs who are interested, spreading the word is thew ay to grow and develop the association with like minded folk.

both good points

There's a couple of places I could organise a room in around Exeter,

I'd be happy to do that, meet have a yap over a pint and see where it goes

pm'd you newkid

pm'd you newkid

Replied mate

just to keep everybody up to date.

The meeting with The Countryside Alliance on Wednesday went really well. Tim Bonner has agreed that more needs to be done by them to publicly support lurcher work, and that it needs to distance itself from the kind of guff that gets posted on Facebook and such like. As such Penny Taylor is writing an article on lurcher work for the next CA members magazine. And it is envisaged that this will be be the first of many, by a number of authors. Beyond this he will look for opportunities to promote lurchers and lurcher work both within the sporting and mainstream media.

But where does this leave the new "lurcher association"? Well he accepted that he would be willing to work alongside any group that promotes best practice. He see's the CA's role as a conduit for information. supplying information to its members, and supplying the media with accurate information on issues that affect its members. A new, modern lurcher group would make supplying that information, in either direction so much more effective.

So what happens next? well there are a few I's to dot, and T's to cross, but It could become a reality. By having a united voice for lurchers and lurcher work, we can lobby the CA to represent us politically and publicly, and they want to do it.

To try and ensure that the new organisation is as transparent as possible in its agenda, the steering group suggest that once a website for LAGBI is up and running, a committee can be elected. We are looking into a way that this can be done on the website by nominations and voting by any interested parties. Once that is done the elected committee can decide the best way forward.

We hope you appreciate there are some details that have not been disclosed yet, but we feel it would be unfair on certain individuals to do so right now. Again, once a committee is elected they can decide on all you behalves, which way things should be taken.

We hope this meets some of your expectations. Remember, we need a united voice, and the more of us that ask to be counted, the louder and more insistent that voice will become.

Many thanks for your support and patience on this matter,

LAGBI steering group.

Just like my dogs. Black and white. But as I get older, I start to see shades of grey.

while I am over they moon with this first positive step to have a voice regarding working with lurchers and also grateful to the members for all the work with this why has tim bonner never showing such enthusiasm in the past for this is he just looking to swell his numbers and income cos now a days it's all about the unfortunately !!!

Tim Bonner of C/A has only recently become CEO I understand, so now is trying to reorganise and improve areas that were previously neglected , incidentaly that is why LAGBI came into being to move the profile of lurcher owners and their lurchers to a more readily acceptable place, this was no doubt neglected previously by C/A and the previous lurcher representative group this is now about to change for the better with your support. and help

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Tim Bonner of C/A has only recently become CEO I understand, so now is trying to reorganise and improve areas that were previously neglected , incidentaly that is why LAGBI came into being to move the profile of lurcher owners and their lurchers to a more readily acceptable place, this was no doubt neglected previously by C/A and the previous lurcher representative group this is now about to change for the better with your support. and help

The Previous Lurcher representatives didnt neglect lurcher work or owners, since the hunting ban the whole of the hunting fraternity and the CA have been very quiet until politicians started using the the repeal as a political vote winner. The previous lurcher representatives worked very hard for years prior to the ban, spent time, money and great effort working with the COH, CA and Politicians, they were accepted as a legitimate body representing Lurchers .

The Whole system including COH and CA took their finger off the pulse thinking hunting had gone for good, instead of regrouping and continuing the fight. Any New Lurcher organisation will have a lot to do to to achieve what previous representatives did at the time and the future committee will have a great deal of work to do and judged by what they achieve.

It is not an easy job to unite the Lurcher World and it will never be fully united because clubs etc may support a cause but too many individuals on the wrong side of the law will not accept a ban or rules and continue to hunt as they please, it was the case last time and you will soon experience this, I hope Im wrong and take my cap off to whoever proves me wrong, good luck to you in the future but dont knock the people who walked the walked before you, they did their best when they were needed.

• Like 5

The past proof is there for all to see, even Tim Bonner apparently agreed a lot more could have been done to promote Lurcher activities even after the Ban so why a new approach by C/A and other groups is now a foot? Surely the changes should have been already in place if the eye was on the Ball now it wouldnt be a rear guard catch up operation that needs to be undertaken. Rebranding usually signifies some failure somewhere in a campaign. ATB

The past proof is there for all to see, even Tim Bonner apparently agreed a lot more could have been done to promote Lurcher activities even after the Ban so why a new approach by C/A and other groups is now a foot? Surely the changes should have been already in place if the eye was on the Ball now it wouldnt be a rear guard catch up operation that needs to be undertaken. Rebranding usually signifies some failure somewhere in a campaign. ATB

Rebranding is an acceptance of a need for change, nothing else.

• Like 3

I really wanted to be part of this but after reading some lurcher mens comments on past threads I can see I have nothing in common with them other than owing a dog that can run quick and feel they are total melts I wish everyone best we this but I will continue to hunt alone on my 1000 of acres I have permission on by god atb

• Like 1

I really wanted to be part of this but after reading some lurcher mens comments on past threads I can see I have nothing in common with them other than owing a dog that can run quick and feel they are total melts I wish everyone best we this but I will continue to hunt alone on my 1000 of acres I have permission on by god atb

Where do you not have common ground with them mate ??

Personalities and egos are conflict triggers..

You've got to look past that..

All Man United fans come from different back grounds with their social and environmental status being polar opposites.

Some work,some steal & some are on the dole..

Some are cheery and some miserable.

They'd not mix socially but they all support the same team.

That's what a club's about..

You don't have to be in love with them all..

Joining a club would give you the chance to pitch your veiws and be in touch with the future of your own sport..

It's not like arguing on the internet with faceless trolls..

The right club with credibility is in with a chance to do some good..

There will be in the future further discussion about a repeal or amendments..

I'd like a lurcher man to be sat at that table..

You and your 1000 acre permission are atvrisk..

We need to protect what we've got..

What's a melt ??

Is it a bit like a drip ??

Hope I'm not in that category. LoL

• Like 9

The new Lurcher association of Great Britain and Ireland we are striving towards is all about inclusion; certainly not about individuals it’s about doing something for the sport and lurchers in general, an umbrella to cover all aspects rather than a club with more restricted aims.

• Like 6