Further Update On New Lurcher Association

Folk keeping mentioning 20 years ago..

The ALC was not even formed then.

Did we even have internet lol , well we never in my house.

15 years ago, it was in its Heyday..

Coursing was top of the agenda and fighting the purposed hunting Act.

It did lose its bulk of members, when they lost the liberty to legally course.

Now a lot of people accepted the ban, keeping within the law & below the radar.

We should not focus on the past…

20 years ago I was teenager.

Things have changed politically and there is a glimmer of hope now.

At this time, the AWL wants to join other feildsports and fight for a repeal of the hunting act, along with the promotion & protection of lurcher work.
Obviously people have their reservations, I’ve got my own, its human nature.

I’m prepared to work, to achieve something, that’s very important to me.

Many members on here, myself included, felt we had poor representation. We wanted the Countryside Alliances support and Better media representation.
The AWL will actively work towards this.

We are getting going with several projects, now is our opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to the lurcher community.

We can’t guarantee success, we do guarantee we’ll do all that we can.

• Like 2

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

have you jumped ship then giro?

Must admit it does all get a bit silly,,,,

From somebody who has no interest in all honesty with either club,,,,, from the outside looking in,,, it seems to me this old club has got the arse,,cos a new club has started.... that's how it comes across..wich is sad,,cos I'm sure everybody from both clubs has the best of intensions.

I was never on the steering group Tomo.

I decided to help refrom the ALC and get the AWL going.

All terrian .

The AWL is for individual members or clubs.

The AWL wishes to promote and protect the heritage of the working lurcher.

Awll.co.uk

It is now because the lads and lasses on here have decided to start their club, you've just stolen their idea haha I'm not being arsey it's just what I see, atb AT

I think before they started their steering group, other parties where in discussions..

I doubt weve stolen anything mate..

There was some talks, when the admentments where first mentioned.

The steering group formed after that.

We stated to the steering group, we supported Alan Tlyer and wished them well.

It is now what it is..

I said twenty odd pages ago.

Lets draw a line in the sand and move forward..

Its conterproductive getting bogged down with this, its like ground hog day lol..

What a sorry state!

A new group fires some interest, the old group suddenly decides "hold on, what about us!!".. Suddenly everyone is aware of a club that's been about for 20 years but as far as I know not really mentioned it for years ( well not here anyway).. So the old group changes name to suit the new groups ethos of singular lurcher men and not just for the clubs.. The new clubs pissed off with the old club, the old club pretends it ain't pissed off with the new club when really it's really pissed off with the new club for stealing some of their thunder... And in the end we'll all do our own thing I guess because basically we can't all get along, egos??

Mental!!

Confused? You will be! Lol

Cheers, D.

the way i see it yes there could be two clubs with a united front,

alc/awl only came back in to play because a group of well meaning people started a new group and they didnt like it.

the alc/awl Have sat around like a burning ember waiting to come alight,

I though this thread is called further update on new lurcher association not how the old club is doing if awl want people to know how there doing start your own thread. As for saying that the steering group can join is a bit like there can only be one club and its Awl, with all this fighting and bickering beween lurcher owners no wonder the antis think they can win.

• Like 1