Further Update On New Lurcher Association

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call it sad if you like. . . . . . but to me, that just sounds like the defence of someone who doesn't like constructive criticism! These kind of bodies NEED to be questioned, so that answers can be f

I get it now... I think!! 2 groups, 1 new 1 old.. That can't get along and work as one for whatever the reasons may be?? ( perhaps we've ran out of acronyms ??)...So now the lurcher owners decide who

This younger generation (and they're not all young either) see what they do as a form of rebellion, or they're just that thick that they don't realise the implications of of what the do and say. They

Posted Images

Ones an association of 'lurcher clubs' upto clubs if they want to join,LAGBI is a club for anyone with an interest in keeping lurcher work for future generations and to help show lurcher work in a good light that's the way I'm reading it, two different things IMO atb AT

If I may correct You there All-terrian, ~ AWL is the Association for the working lurcher/longdog.

For single membership and Clubs alike.

The AWL is working to promote the working lurcher for the generations to come.

Its not a 'them & 'us thing at all.

United is the only way forward.

Its not about him/ or her, its about the LURCHER .

We wish the steering group well, and we hope they have on their agenda,

the vision we share and that for the sake of the Lurcher, United is the best way forward.

Jayne AWL sec.

don't see it that way myself, looks far more like its about him/her and protecting whats already in place from the past even though it has not worked in the present.

and that would be Your opinion, which You are perfectley entitled to.

Not an opinion publicly it looks exactly as TOMO and Paulus say it looks which is as it is ;)

No thats three people opinions lol...

Like Ive stated previously,I don't wish to sound discurtious ..

We've no quarrel here..

Anyone who wishes to invest their time and energy into promoting lurcher work in a positive light has my personal support.

What a sorry state!

A new group fires some interest, the old group suddenly decides "hold on, what about us!!".. Suddenly everyone is aware of a club that's been about for 20 years but as far as I know not really mentioned it for years ( well not here anyway).. So the old group changes name to suit the new groups ethos of singular lurcher men and not just for the clubs.. The new clubs pissed off with the old club, the old club pretends it ain't pissed off with the new club when really it's really pissed off with the new club for stealing some of their thunder... And in the end we'll all do our own thing I guess because basically we can't all get along, egos??

Mental!!

• Like 7

What a sorry state!

A new group fires some interest, the old group suddenly decides "hold on, what about us!!".. Suddenly everyone is aware of a club that's been about for 20 years but as far as I know not really mentioned it for years ( well not here anyway).. So the old group changes name to suit the new groups ethos of singular lurcher men and not just for the clubs.. The new clubs pissed off with the old club, the old club pretends it ain't pissed off with the new club when really it's really pissed off with the new club for stealing some of their thunder... And in the end we'll all do our own thing I guess because basically we can't all get along, egos??

Mental!!

it begs the question if it is about the future of the lurcher or individuals, i will support anything that helps to stem the bias of the media towards hunting with dogs and not just lurchers, but i wont support something that has be proven to be totally ineffective as its would be pointless, we have history so we can learn from the mistakes of the past, not repeat them over and over like ground hog day revamped or not, now both groups need to accept each other, not offer one to join the other as if there the defining group, without the acceptance for the need for change im sorry to say the game is fooked.

After reading the thread I've come to the conclusion.......

That its all a load of bollox

Arguing amungst are selfs/slating each other is not the way forward

And in all honesty does anyone believe that in the long run this will change anything...unfortunately I don't ..I think at the end of the day the minority of good foke will always be tarred with the same dirty old brush of the bad foke....