New Kennel Advice/opinions

The bitch is an indoor dog however while there is no one at home is proving to be a problem so ive build this in the garage.

The chest freezer is for the game and pumps out a fair bit of heat, so my idea was to have an open side kennel for the heat from freezer... Ive meshed the bottom of freezer to stop any fire or burns you can just see in bottom of pic.

Baring in mind she be in there 4-8 hours a day with radio/toys garage is fairly large. Cost me nothing as i used old wood i found.

Any opnions/alterations would be great ?? atb

post-93481-0-04433300-1443888193_thumb.jpeg

post-93481-0-05455600-1443888214_thumb.jpeg

post-93481-0-12691800-1443888239_thumb.jpeg

Same a woudnt put close to a freezer like that at the open a would alter a pallet if u can pick one up and put it inside the open end box the pallet in then box the end that is open in but put hinges on it and a latch so uve got easy cleaning at the other end of the pallet wer the dog goes in the kennel run a bit of wood along the top end of the pallet about 6inch to a foot whatever u think is enough its hard to tell the height from seeing the picture then throw about half a bale of shredded paper in bobs ur aunt lol the dog will probs have shredded all over the garage [BANNED TEXT] u get back right enough lol az rex sais its a bit warm just now and move it away from the freezer thats the first thing i would do hope that helps a bit mate thats what a would do ;)

Another thing to think about mate raise the kennel off the floor a foot or so as the cold will creep up throw the concert floor not good on the dogs joints sleeping on a cold floor :thumbs:

I was considering lifting it, i will soon as the weather starts to get cold ??

• Like 1

Just generally bouncing around with the other dog, on window cills ect,nive got a crate but she barks and howls if i put her in there which will anoy the neighbors, shes quiet if i leave her out of the cage and splitting her up in the garage seems to calm her down too