New Motor Time, Advice Required.

Yup but it`s a freelander, and miles on the back off a low loader don`t count towards mpg

Bollocks, it's a Freelander 2, completely different motor.

Agree with what you say about the L200 though, they have a good reputation generally. But they do have a macho image, that's hard to deny and half the appeal.

The compact SUVs and trucks are two different vehicles aimed at two different markets.

Edited by Born Hunter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus that's grim. Lol. Now I know why I drive a diesel. Haha.

my motor for dogs and shooting  

Yup but it`s a freelander, and miles on the back off a low loader don`t count towards mpg

Posted Images

I'm looking at the freelander 2 myself.

I did fancy a L200, Navara or Hilux so that the dogs are separate from the car to help keep it clean but reckon a custom cage would do the job...

250219B3-13C9-4EDD-B27A-93E22A83CCE3_zps

Won't be as thirsty as the pickups, seem cheaper to purchase and seem to pick their feet up quicker than most of the 4x4s if you so wish them to.

• Like 1

Where do you put everything else was thinking of the cages before no room for ferrets bags catch waste of time alright if your just going a walk lol

The back seats drop flat. If you need to seat 3 people then the just drop two of the back seats. I use stackable plastic trays from work for storage.

If however you need a truck, then buy a truck.

My Freelander 2 is a commercial vehicle, I use it every day for work. It has a purpose made steel framed and boarded rear. Suites me fine due to my gf having a Golf if we need the back seats.

I find lovely to drive, fast and sure footed, not a Range Rover but good in its own vehicle class.

I know that newer ones, especially manuals easily do 40 mpg combined.

My Freelander 2 is a commercial vehicle, I use it every day for work. It has a purpose made steel framed and boarded rear. Suites me fine due to my gf having a Golf if we need the back seats.

I find lovely to drive, fast and sure footed, not a Range Rover but good in its own vehicle class.

I know that newer ones, especially manuals easily do 40 mpg combined.

My manual won't get 40 combined but regularly does 36-37. Had 42 on a 500mile run.

Otherwise agree with you entirely. As does everyone else I have spoken to.

Only thing that I reckon is shit is the stop start tech. The engine takes too long to restart for me so I just switch it off.

Edited by Born Hunter

Where do you put everything else was thinking of the cages before no room for ferrets bags catch waste of time alright if your just going a walk lol

I'm getting one of the cages for my vectra while I decide what 4x4 to get. And to decide if it is definitely the "cage" route that I want to go down. As opposed the pickup tuck route.

You've got the back seats still, which is where I pile loads of stuff now anyway. And in my case I would put both my dogs in one cage anyway and still have the other side to use for ferrets and other gear.

If I was out with someone else then there dog could go in the other side and gear on back seats.

If not out with dogs then cage can pull out and go in garage.

Priced one for tbe vectra 500 nice bit of kit my back seats in the vectra are never up lol hundreds of room in them im tempted for a new one myself but the space in the vectra estate eill be hard to beat unless you get a van

Yep they are a roomy motor for sure.

My seats are down at the moment. Got a mountain bike in there, air rifle, ferret box, work bag, gym bag and still managed to do a weeks shopping and get that in there. Haha.

What about a f**k off roof box
lol feck me cages roof boxes may as well get a trailer to pmsl

Just buy an artic lorry and be done with it Davy......

• Like 1

Just buy an artic lorry and be done with it Davy......

lol astra van hard to beat