i cant see the point.... i had this discussion with some one on fb lately and he maintained that i would catch many many more foxes with ghoast snares than my normal ones....the fact that i had 9 foxes in 9 snares over 14 days didnt matter much to him.. 7 of them foxes were from a 300m long strip on cover

• Like 1

They do hide well

any good snare hides well if its set correctly, I dont think i have ever come across a fox that is snare shy, Lamp shy, trap shy but never snare shy, I've tried the ghost snares and dont really rate them, I make my own and snare well over a 100 foxes a year, lets just keep it simple its a bit of wire on a tealer and that's all you need if done properly

• Like 1

One good thing about them is you dont loose the tealer because the ghost snare is a all in one system it incorporates the tealer in the making of it .One other point to make is that it uses less wire/cable to make a ghost snare plus there is no need for the swivel as this is also not needed with a ghost snare .I do know of some people who put a swivel on the ground anker cable but i have not lost any yet without a swivel :whistling: .I use both types and i think the catch rate is the same but for ease and quickness of setting i would rate the ghost snare the better of the two .

• Thanks 1

one problem of the ghost snare is you are stuck to a maximum height you can set it and I struggle to set it with a 10 to 11 inch height with a decent 10 inch loop,(unless recently the built in tealer has been extended) no doubt there will be folk on here that will take a pic of this and declare it can be done but by the admission of the two men that designed them they were meant for catching cubs which explains why i cant get one any higher than 10-11 inch, This is just my opinion and I am sure plenty folk like them i just don't see the point

Edited by volpe