Lightforce Striker. Standard Vs Variable.

Now, I am currently planning on upgrading from the standard 170 to the variable equivalent, however there one thing niggling me. Sounds a bit daft a realize, but does the variable ramp up to the same out put as the standard?? In theory it should of course. However last season when out lamping, his variable is on alongside my standard, is yours on full whack I ask "yes, yours is brighter!" Responds my lamping partner. Hmmm first question, "what bulb" I ask. We were both using the standard 100w. The standard was considerably stronger. Both were running off Lithiums too. Has he got his wires crossed with the bulb? Or has anyone else noticed a discrepancy between the two??

I have a Striker variable and to be honest I've never used it other than messing around with it when I 1st bought it. As soon as you start to lower the power it loses a hell of a lot of its bright white light and turns into a cheap 25 quid ebay special and imho becomes more or less useless. If you already have the Striker and you're looking for something smaller then why not go for a Lance or a Lazerlite? Excellent wee lamps that won't go as far as a Striker but do have a good strong bright white light. Just my twa bobs worth :thumbs:

Edited by IshotRogerRabbit
  • Like 1

I was led to believe that the 140 was 50w bulb 170 75w and the 210 100w I've had both and just been given the standard 170 witch is far better , the worst thing about it I found was that I was always fiddling with the dimmer as it never felt right so got rid

I've got the two button variable striker.

Only time I ever use the dimmer is when squeaking foxes. With it dimmed right down you still get the tight spot beam just not as bright so you can still see the eye shine but with a quick tap on the trigger and it goes to full beam.

Check the bulbs in the Lamps as some have a lower power bulb in. As a rule the 140 comes with a 50w bulb but you can use a 75w and Ive seen new Striker and Blitz come with 50w bulbs in when they should have 100w fitted in them .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1