Sign in to follow this  
leslie harold gedge

Did Some One Question My Decoying And Knowledge

did some one question my decoying and knowledge on the topic below .stu b and me went out today on the pigeons. iyts started slow then picked up then slowed down again then they started coming in to the 4 nick tait ff5s flappers we finished with 140 woodys 11 ferals 2 crows 1 magpie.we packed up about 3.30 to miss the road works on the M! motorway .if we had stayed we would have been on for a 300 bird day .that's without maybe 100 or so ferals the ones in the picture are ferret food .

post-47182-0-51545700-1442953330_thumb.jpg

post-47182-0-70250400-1442953675_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

did not want to shoot 2 many .or some people will jump on my case for that lol

And if you don't, your not doing your job. Always best to keep stum and do what you have to do. Unless you're selling days :thumbs:

• Like 1

Now one was questioning your knowledge and no one can question your intellect Leslie ...thats plain for everyone to see on THL ....You said magnets are crap and I adviced the lad asking the question that they can work well but in some areas they can be over used ....I also pointed out that George Digweed and Andy Crow have also used them with good effect and I know who I would take advice from regarding pigeon shooting ....

post-88284-0-96266500-1442973058_thumb.jpg

post-88284-0-16900400-1442973079_thumb.jpg

post-88284-0-97225500-1442973101_thumb.jpg

I have had a lot of the magical 100+ days over the years 2 500+ plus days and a few years ago shot over 2000 with 6 guns in 2 days so ive dropped a few doos ...using magnets ,floaters ,cradles , flappers 1/2 shells, full bodys .....they all have their uses in certain situations while pigeon shooting

• Like 3

did not want to shoot 2 many .or some people will jump on my case for that lol

And if you don't, your not doing your job. Always best to keep stum and do what you have to do. Unless you're selling days :thumbs:

trenchfoot I take people out and don't take a penny off them I like to help people out that don't have perms like me and stu b .I know what it is like when you cant get out . buddy

• Like 3

well mate I see your still getting out doing what you do best ;) some good bags mate :thumbs:

Oh and your missing nothing on PW its going down hill rapido :huh: more into talking rubbish on there nowadays,i would question how many of them actually ever get out with a gun/rifle :thumbs: JD

• Like 2

jackdew banned for life buddy don't no why lol

It's not because you shot all the pigeons is it Les ? ....ps got a call tonight there are hundreds coming in on some bean stubble so will be attempting to fire a shot or two tomorrow ...

• Like 2

Thats you and me Les, Banned for LIFE off the Pigeon Wankers Forum.

post-64506-0-10572700-1443266268.gif :laugh::tongue2:

• Like 1

It's not because you shot all the pigeons is it Les ? ....ps got a call tonight there are hundreds coming in on some bean stubble so will be attempting to fire a shot or two tomorrow ...
Got to the bean stubble ...jack shite ...moved to the other side of the farm on some wheat stubble , we managed these , about eighty .The Lab was on her first ever shotgun shooting trip , up till know she has only been used for stalking but at two years old I thought she should start the retrieving job , which she did very well , the couple that came down flapping were treated very cautiously and a couple that landed in a huge bed of nettles were also given the cold shoulder but all in all I was really pleased for a first time out ..post-81636-0-71736400-1443291265_thumb.jpg
  • Like 2