Fortis/country Covers

I've had trousers and a jacket off country covers, both were garbage. They leaked from day one, I sent the trousers back to get them re lined and it was exactly the same, as soon as I sat on the quad I was piss wet through

Funny enough, speaking to a mate that does the terriers he said his dad had the same experience and he himself has the full Falklands outfit and doesn't rate it either. Reckons the trousers have managed 4-5 years but generally not worth the money. So that's a number of terrier men that don't rate the stuff now....

Bit disappointing really....

You order yours first born & let me know how it go's......;-) Edited by Accip74
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You order yours first born & let me know how it go's......;-)

Cabelas Dry-Plus Performance Upland Pants   I was out all morning yesterday, through the woods & cover in the rain, then had a dig.......& they kept me dry....briar proof fronts as well....

I forgot to add, I've brought some Hyena waterproof trousers, cheap as chips and spot on. They're only £30 and they don't let in a drop   Screwfix Hyena k2

Very tough trousers but not waterproof as stated also flies hard to use and strange way to do them up also don't take a belt. The coats are crap they are lined with what looks like a plastic bin bag which pokes out of sleeves and hood its also very noisy . Not a good company to deal with they stated they sent my jacket by Royal Mail but it did not arrive then had to wait seven weeks for replacement .

• Like 1

What are the legs like for room ?

I bought a pair of percussion trousers and they were way to small in the leg. When you're digging you want plenty of space to move freely, do you sweat much in them ?

I've always found them fine mate. I just order my usual waist size & the fit is nice. I've been waring cabelas upland briar proof pants for several years now, but the Dry-Plus were a new one for me last season. They were a bit warm early season, but no problem throughout.

They are NOT sold as 100% waterproof, but I wore them with boots & gaiters all last season & I always remained dry. I think they are very good value.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd just like to say how utterly f***ing wank Fortis customer service is....... They were quick to debit my money and yet I STILL haven't received my order! Totally shocking service and not replied to my recent e-mail. It's now over a week after the date I was given as the delivery date and I even had to chase them up for that! Shite service and most probably a shite product.

• Like 1

Well after the wet we have had I now change my mind and the smock is sh*t in heavy rain. Send it back and they'll find the problem they said...the problem is it isn't waterproof so I doubt anything will be fixed. Another waste of 130. Still rate the bib and brace with extra cordura fabric though

• 2 months later...

Update,

Totally f***ing wank! First test in serious weather and I might as well have been wearing a pair of jeans. Saturday in Border country in the snow on a bike and I was soaked to the skin. This clothing is marketed for extreme hunting, adventurers and military forces......... I'm of the opinion now that anybody relying on this stuff in a serious situation would die of f***ing exposure! Falkland trousers, LOL. maybe a Falklands summer day with no rain!

Otherwise I like them, LOL. Doubt I'll be getting a refund........

• Like 1