Freya 2015

youcanthide...BANG

Hahaha. I was lookin at the gwp pointers mate but a good mate of mine had these english pointers and I've seen the mum work and she's a cracking dog. Either way any pointer is better than none haha.

Anyway got kill number 6 tonight. Would have been 7 if my mate didn't let his hawk off to "help" mine out on a rabbit she took on a pretty long slip. Only thing she helped out with was pulling my bird off the rabbits and letting it run free lol

lol I was referring to the black colouring you've done to hide ya face lol,

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks lads. Got a go pro on order aswell so hopefully have some footage up the end of this week

Kills 3,4 and 5 last night on the lamp. Flew the rabbits well. Also pleased to say I've just put a deposit down on an English pointer pup. Meet Jäegar, pick him up next week. Right age now ready to st

Picked Jäger up Saturday afternoon. Forgot how stressful it is having a pup. Sick of wiping piss and shit up haha. Can't wait to start working him. As soon as he's jabbed up he will be comin on short

As promised some footage of the hawk. This is the only good video I got and it happens to be a miss haha. Still learning the ropes with the action cam. Got it mounted on the lamp itself now so I should be getting some quality footage. Subscribe to my channel to see more when it's uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=mVZgPcEZB9U

Not done much with Freya lately as the weather's been shit and suitable slips on the lamp hard to come by. Too many foxes about the lurcher lads round here must be shite haha.

The weather was nice today. Sunny with abit of a breeze. Was about to head off with mine when my mate called to see if I would go out with him and his second year eagle. So decided to go give him a hand. The Eagle hadn't had a kill so far. Anybody who knows about them will know they are slow to mature and their first few seasons aren't always the best. Anyhow we walked a few fields and the Eagle had a 2 half hearted attempts at hares but on the third he really committed to it. Missing the first strike hen using the wind to an advantage and turned in the air and came down hard hitting his mark. By the time we got their the hare was dead. Was over the moon to be their for his first kill. Glad I can get out with him through the season.

20151011_1447260_zpspds3hnth.jpg

Got back and took mine out just before dark. All sets turned out empty that we did with the ferret. As we came onto the field Freya spotted a lone young pigeon walking down a stubble line. Let her off and she did her textbook fly high and to to the right before cutting back I'm. The pigeon spotted her as she just turned and lifted up but the hawk had built up too much speed and just as it lifted up to fly she managed to get a foot on it.

Kill #7

Snapchat-1618636425088042289_zpsnbhlgmyu

• Like 2

Great picture of the Eagle :-)

My mate is picking his first male goldie up next week. He got diagnosed with colon & liver cancer earlier this year, was looking grim for him tbh, so he thought, 'fcuk it.....' & ordered a male golden eagle, to fulfil his life long dream :-)

He had three tumours removed from his liver three weeks ago & the colon op is in six weeks......meanwhile he'll start training his male haha....top man!......that's Yorkshireman for ya'