The Season So Far

First day was the 5th for me, 5am meet decoying a cut stubble field, 21 greys between the five of us.

Out again on Saturday and theyv'e definately wised up and not as green.

1 goose for me ready for Sunday lunch, the rest i made into goose & juniper burgers, bloody lovely.

I'm feeding my ponds heavily and we start on the 1st Oct cant wait.

The weathers too nice for the foreshore just now.

I left the Uk on the 31st of Aug so it was the first time in a lot of years ive not been out in the mud for the first morning of the season ....There are a few skenes of pinks starting to show in my area now, I hear and by the time I get back on the 5th Oct there should be around 50,000 in with the number increasing daily until it peaks at around 80,000 by late Oct .....Its quite a site seeing them come off their roost in the morning heading in all directions to there feeding grounds and an even greater site seeing them coming into roost at the same time with the sun setting behind the Angus glens and Southern Grampians ....the noise is truely spectacular ....Roll on Oct.... 3 weeks of wildfowling and salmon fishing

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...